How to make sub drops sound good?

Try to put subdrops in on top of the completed stereo mix, i find them easier to balance. If you do your own "mastering", i tend to bring in the "unmastered" stereo mix and the subdrops into a new project and "master" them together there. I've also put subdrops in even after the final "master".

I use the "master" because it's kind of a thrown around term. When I say "master" it means i've applied processing to my final stereo track (and in most cases ruined it. lol)

Cheers.

Ok well since everyone here seems to hate sub drops, any suggestions for something that can be used in their place to add extra oomph to a breakdown or transition?

Ok well since everyone here seems to hate sub drops, any suggestions for something that can be used in their place to add extra oomph to a breakdown or transition?

A lot of stuff, I guess. I've heard breaking glass along with some other stuff. I'm actually going to play around with creating my own sort of samples today.

Gunshots, nuclear bomb going off, sledgehammer hitting an anvil, or just some loud ass floor toms slammed hard.

I'm just now becoming more aware of sub drops. I didn't even know they were a huge thing in a lot of metal.

Honestly though, I let the toms do the bass drop work.

expand in protools endless 808 pick key on keyboard and play........r bass/ filter under 40hz maby some tape saturation simple as that or any 808 style sub and structure just tune to taste:kickass: