How to ruin an excellent band...

labrekk

Jul 16, 2002
Canada
Visit site
...is to get Kory Clarke to replace Eric Wagner in the mighty TROUBLE. Check out this new song Hunters Of Doom.
Excellent music, but the vocals suck bad. Clarke was featured first on 2008's Live in L.A., where he butchered all these great Trouble classic songs. Now, he'll ruin what would probably be an excellent new studio disc. That's really a shame.

Fine old songs with bad vocals...

Get Eric Wagner back, or at least, find someone decent to replace him...

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering the near-avalanche of negative reviews about Kory Clarke, I'm rather taken aback. I have yet to hear Kory sing so I just wonder, can it really be all that bad? A reaction I usually expect when a well-established band replaces a singer is "He's a fine singer, but he's no [previous guy]". But Kory in Trouble has been a real nonstop chorus of disapproval. Yikes.

I think I might be the biggest TROUBLE fan who posts on the Prog Power forum.

I have yet to actually SEE Kory front TROUBLE live.

I just could not get myself to do it. To be honest, it is a lot more than just Eric leaving which has kept me from seeing them live. Jeff Olsen (drummer) left too!

When the band first self released the LIVE IN LA album last year with Kory fronting, as a fan, I decided to check it out. Not as bad as I would have expected, but still not a great bit.

Apparently, Kory went to the same vocal school as Don Dokken.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

loved the stuff he did with Warrior Soul and always hoped there'd be one more in the vein of the first two albums some day. Now I see that it's just not possible - his voice is shot!

There's "voice is shot' and there's just plain horrible. I'm stunned. I loved the first few Warrior Soul disks. I can't believe that is the same guy. I've heard better singing at karaoke!

Steve in Philly

I saw Warrior Soul open up for Queensryche back in the day and they lasted all of 10 minutes before getting booed off the stage. Cant say Ryche fans are fickle :lol:

Bear

Wow. Love Trouble....but the vox....ugh. Great riff in that song though.....sounds like something on the S/T one and I love that CD.....

Here's me shaking my head in amazement and shedding a silent tear every time I even think about Trouble continuing without Wagner.

Hey...Candlemass found life after Messiah...Trouble could do the same...but it's gonna have to be somebody else...

I'm gonna go crack a beer and spin Simple Mind Condition now...

Rock on!