How's this mix balance?

Salvation 13

Burp.
Feb 9, 2006
Tampere, Finland
I always seem to go back and forth with how loud I turn the kick and snare. If I blindly set them the way I like, and listen to a reference song, they're way too loud. Drums are supposed to be loud, dammit! :heh:

Real drums, kick is replaced with a sample I made by combining Slate samples and the 60Hz sidechain gate trick. Guitars are Kemper (DR + 5153) and synth is the FabFilter Twin2 (awesome sounding soft synth).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are they too dry during the last riff? (With the piano) I did the delay/verb so that the wet track fades in during every phrase as you can hear the last word always has a lot more verb on it. I'll put the wet track fades earlier, thanks! The last riff has the wet track on full the whole time.

Quick observation: synth/piano too damn center. Those should fill space while bass and guitar do the work. Try to balance all the sounds to fill full in your mix. Turn down the synths. Their high ends seems to drown the mix.

I'll look into that, thanks! But the whole point of this arrangement is that the synths are the main instrument, and guitars are there just to fill space. They're not supposed to be up front. The guitars and bass are actually eq'd dark to make space for the high end of the synths so that they stay clear and up front.

Also this: :)

Last edited by a moderator: