How's this mix? (Deathcore)

Djentkitty

May 23, 2011
Hey, so I think I'm a little bit past that 'beginner/novice' stage and this is my best mix as of today. This is basically the end-breakdown section of Archaic - King Conquer.

Now, despite the fact that I used 2-3 month old strings and ghetto bass, what do you think?

http://db.tt/UqFeSfFS

Holy crap you have WAY too much reverb on that snare (although not familiar with the song you're covering so, take that with a grain of salt).

Holy crap you have WAY too much reverb on that snare (although not familiar with the song you're covering so, take that with a grain of salt).

Yea, the idea was to make the snare ridiculously huge during the breakdown :lol:. The song itself has a ton of reverb on that section anyway.
IMO, if I tracked a real bass I think it would sound alot 'fuller'. Also, I think the guitars could be bigger/wider, am I right?

Like I said; kind of past the novice stage....I think? :lol:

It does make the snare sound bigger, but dial it back a little man. I suggest some reverse snares if you can to get that big feel, especially during a breakdown. Nice job though, the guitars, bass, and kick sound very glued, which is awesome to hear during a breakdown.