http://www.easytree.org/ taken down!!!

jdelpi

Imported Killer
The biggest bit torrent site of BOOTLEG (i.e. not official) recordings has been taken down. Bullshit. Any band that didn't want to be on their could have their recordings banned from there. Stupid stupid stupid.

Hello gals and guys,

We're very sorry having to tell you that we had to shut down EZT forever just a couple of minutes ago.

We got a call from our provider, they had received a few letters from a couple of lawyers. They requested EZT to be shut down immediately, otherwise we and the hosting service would be sued.

As you may imagine, we do not have the funds to fight a battle we most probably can't win anyway.

We would like to thank everyone here for their contributions to EZT, one way or the other, for sharing the music, sharing an ideal, for all your mails, rants, praises...

To say it with Joan Armatrading:

We had fun, fun, fun, fun
fun, fun, fun, fun
we had fun -- while it lasted...
--"Tall in the Saddle"--

You all take good care!

The EZT team

No! Damn it! Where am I going to get my Claypool boots now?! It was trade friendly bands only!

Fucking lawyers, ruining the country.

Ragamuffin said:
No! Damn it! Where am I going to get my Claypool boots now?! It was trade friendly bands only!

Fucking lawyers, ruining the country.

15925428_F_tn.jpg

"Puritanism is the haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy." - H.L. Mencken

thta sucks for u guys,i dont know how to bloody work torrents,i like soulseek although there search engine is a bit fucked over at the moment.

I was kinda hoping this wouldn't become a 'post your favorite torrent sites' type thread and stick to specific bootleg related stuff. Not that I don't appreciate the link to novatina

I wanted to try Exeem, but the spyware pissed me off quite a bit. There's an Exeem lite, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

Ragamuffin said:
I wanted to try Exeem, but the spyware pissed me off quite a bit. There's an Exeem lite, but I haven't bothered with it yet.

You are correct about the adware and whatnot. I run it on an old beater machine that I don't care about. You could also use VMWare, Virtual PC, or run dual boot system if you didn't want to worry about contaminating your main system. The spyware crap was the reason I got rid of Kazaa a couple of years ago.

I actually have an old machine sitting in my garage, and that's a pretty good idea, let stuff run wild on it, reformat every once in a while. But, I've been canabalizing it for parts so much I don't even think it has 128ram still sitting in it and I know it doesn't have a network card at all.