Hubardo!

Last time I purchased something non-digital from the Kayo Dot page (the Polyimage Of Known Exits T-Shirt) it never appeared here :-(
I think it's an issue with the german or european duty system and they shipped it back or something.
So on one side I want to purchase it, but it's a hard decision when you don't know it to be shipped correctly :-/

Any europeans here who had the same issue?

I live in Hungary, and when I want a physical CD, I usually just order it through a local store. It takes time, but it either arrives or I can go in and demand my money back or something. Not sure if a cd store would pre-order something for me though.
I'll probably go with the digital thingy now, not sure yet. Might just wait for the release date and then order a CD.

If you had issues before, you could probably contact Toby and ask him what to do in such situations.. at the very least he'll give you advice on how to cope with the situation, on his emotional advice blog :p

The preview sounds SO great!
I'll definitely preorder the digital release and with a little luck, the T-shirt will arrive then too, haha :D

Did anyone get to listen to Crown-in-the-Muck on KALX.fm? I missed it.

Doesn't really matter, though, the album will be out on Friday.

Got a feeling Hubardo will get quite popular on Rateyourmusic; Pitchfork will rate it 0.7/10 until Anthony Fagtano gives it a (strong) 9, which will end in Pitchfork deleting their review and replacing it with a 10/10.

OK I want to write something up about this eventually but first impressions so far are variations of HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I think this one is going to take me 10 years to process, seriously

"Passing the River" could have been a stained-glass-esque release all by itself and I would have been floored. o_O

Yeah, this surpassed any expectations I had. I've been listening to it constantly since Thursday night. Early votes for fave tracks: Crown in the Muck, The First Matter and Passing the River (first half of which probably being my absolute favorite part of the entire record).

All I can say is this is the album I've been waiting for since bath/LYBM. Choirs was amazing but just didn't quite compare... part the second was close... gamma knife was a step in the right direction... but I'm only on my 2nd listen on Hubardo and I am loving it. While dowsing anemone, blue lambency & coyote took awhile to grow on me, this album just seemed to be "right" to me immediately, if that makes any sense. very good job guys!

Honestly the only pedal I used for the record was my Ibanez stereo chorus. The rest is the amps. Live is a different story though.

The Wait of the World sounds like fretless bass but I suppose it must be flatwound strings or something... right? Unless you've played fretless bass with a pick a la Cheer-Accident/Combat Astronomy for Coyote and things

Thinking about ordering another vinyl copy, not sure if I should go deluxe or standard, I noticed that the /300 colour are gone and only /200 black remain for both options.

Toby how many out of the 200 black would you say remain? If I place an order for another copy does that help you guys in getting it out to press sooner? Do you think the standard or deluxe version helps more? That might influence my decision...

We are good to press the vinyl now. There are about 100 black leftover. Feel free to order another one if you want, but I guess there is something unethical about getting a bunch and reselling them later at huge markups.