Huge Australia Day Metal gig!

lord_24012009_web.jpg

Updated flyer and final line up!:kickass:

I think they have different beer but it's not worth buying. The VB is like $5 isn't it? I still think that if a venue wants to make cash from metal they should lower the prices a little. It'll bring more punters and they'll drink more. Maybe that's the alcoholic in me though...

I reckon it's ridiculous that pubs are charging so much for drinks - they'd sell heaps more to people watching the bands otherwise. I'd guess somewhere in the logic is that they'll sell less but for more and the people won't buy as many so they won't get as drunk so not as many fights or venue damage, etc. I can see that point of view but it's still shit.

I agree totally. There is never many problems at metal Gigs. It is because we are a small community and are more than likely going to run into each other on a often basis. It is the dicks that are not there for the music that cause trouble. But I guess you are going to have that everywhere you go....

I think the set times are roughly like this on the day:

Doors @ 12pm

FROM WINTERS GRACE 12.30pm - 1.05pm (35mins)
DEATH TOMORROW 1.25pm - 2.00pm (35mins)
DEVIL LIVES IN ROME 2.20pm - 2.55pm (35mins)
ANNO DOMINI 3.15pm - 3.55pm (40mins)
INSLAIN 4.15pm - 4.55pm (40mins)
DAEMON FOETAL HARVEST 5.15pm - 5.55pm (40mins)
AEON OF HORUS 6.15pm - 6.55pm (40mins)
HERRATIK 7.15pm - 7.55pm (40mins)
EMPYREAN 8.15pm - 8.55pm (40mins)
BANE OF ISILDUR 9.15pm - 10.00pm (45mins)
LORD 10.20pm - 11.20pm (1 hour)

Tis notan actual METAL EVILUTION show but pretty sure that is the rough times allowing 40mins of leeway if things run late as it will go to midnight.
Still stick with the starting times here and you'll def not miss any of the bands. That's to my knowledge anyhows.
My advice as always is get in early and see them all.I hear there is even talk of the Factory having a cheaper beer available only for this event to so no need to drink at a pub and miss all the good bands here. :headbang: