Huge COMPLIMENTs with the new Arch Enemy and NEVERMORE...

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I thought I would start this thread to talk about the good things (production, song writing, equipment, etc.) in regards to the new AE and Nevermore.

Arch Enemy - I am especially impressed with the guitars and the music on this album. To me, it seems as if there are a LOT if instrumental sections on this CD as oposed to other AE albums.

Nevermore - There is so much going on here. The Production is KILLER! Every time I listen to it I hear something else new.

Again, on both these albums I hear new stuff each time I listen to it. I think these are THE TWO CD's that have MADE my summer! Good job Andy! :worship:

:headbang: :headbang:

No way, Andy is a "Fucking Hack"! hehe.

I have yet to hear either of the albums, but I'm sure they are great.

DIOBOLIC5150 said:
I have yet to hear either of the albums, but I'm sure they are great.

I just got my order from the CMDistro today. I'm so glad I decided to order through them than wait. This way, I got it before the street date. All I have to say is... WELL WORTH THE MONEY! That is an understatement btw. :Spin:

DiscipleOfThePit said:
Both albums are contenders for my album of the year thus far.

So far my fave album of the year has to be Godless Endevour. I was never a fan of nevermore before but after hearing TGI ive gone out and bout DHIADW and EOR and im absolutely addicted to em.

Havent heard the new arch enemy yet, but got both on order. Looking forward to the new Opeth album aswell :headbang:

DanAbela said:
So far my fave album of the year has to be Godless Endevour. I was never a fan of nevermore before but after hearing TGI ive gone out and bout DHIADW and EOR and im absolutely addicted to em.

Havent heard the new arch enemy yet, but got both on order. Looking forward to the new Opeth album aswell :headbang:

Ditto about not being into Nevermore before.

Actually, I scoffed at both bands without giving them a chance when both bands' albums came out in ought three and now I love them both.

I reckon this time next year I'll rate the new Kreator, Exodus, Nevermore and Arch Enemy albums as my albums of the year.

Not been overly impressed with a lot of new releases this year.

So far, I believe that the new OPETH cd will be the only contender thus far for the new AE and NEVERMORE. But, we'll see what else comes out.

Although I really enjoy "This Godless Endeavor"(more than the other Nevermore CD's, btw) and like "Doomsday Machine," my favorite metal cd's for this year are so far:
Behemoth - Demigod
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Hate Eternal - I, Monarch(wow I just realized that these are all death metal. Funny thing is, I only listen to death metal a small percentage of my time as opposed to other genres)
Strapping Young Lad - Alien

I'm expecting the new Akercocke, Opeth, and In Flames cd's to be awesome, too. I saw Opeth at Sounds of the Underground, and that new song ripped. One cd that I have been royally dissapointed by is Impaled's "Death After Life." The material was solid enough, but the horrendous production really turned me off.

Exsanguis said:
Although I really enjoy "This Godless Endeavor"(more than the other Nevermore CD's, btw) and like "Doomsday Machine," my favorite metal cd's for this year are so far:
Behemoth - Demigod
Nile - Annihilation of the Wicked
Hate Eternal - I, Monarch(wow I just realized that these are all death metal. Funny thing is, I only listen to death metal a small percentage of my time as opposed to other genres)
Strapping Young Lad - Alien

I'm expecting the new Akercocke, Opeth, and In Flames cd's to be awesome, too. I saw Opeth at Sounds of the Underground, and that new song ripped. One cd that I have been royally dissapointed by is Impaled's "Death After Life." The material was solid enough, but the horrendous production really turned me off.

If we are talking about Metal CDs of the year outside of the "sneap"'age, I would have to say here are my fav's of the year (including sneap's producitons):
SOILWORK - Stabbing The Drama
NEVERMORE - Enemies of Realities (Remixed & Remastered)
NEVERMORE - TGE
ARCH ENEMY - Doomsday Machine
CHILDREN OF BODOM - Thrashed Lost & Strungout
DARK TRANQUILLITY - Character
DARKANE - Layers of Lies
TRIVIUM - Ascendancy

I am also HIGHLY anticipating the new OPETH, CHILDREN OF BODOM, HYPOCRISY and IN FLAMES as well. KEEP THE METAL COMIN'!!! :headbang:

I would also say the new Coldplay "X & Y" is AMAZING!!! But, I do realize I might get ripped on in here for it not being "Metal" enough. ;) Great production on it! AMAZING SOUND!

Exsanguis said:
One cd that I have been royally dissapointed by is Impaled's "Death After Life." The material was solid enough, but the horrendous production really turned me off.

I agree, altough i thought the material as well was subpar, not anywhere close to The Dead Shall Dead Remain or Mondo Medicale.

I think my fav album of the year so far would have to be Frantic Bleep - The Sense Apparatus (there you go Lee).
Weird but wonderful production on that album.