Hummel Gets the Rockets???

Ya-YOW

New Metal Member
Jan 12, 2007
As most everyone knows, the intro to Touch Like Angel of Death on TW is a part from "Hummel Gets the Rockets"....a piece written for the movie, "The Rock"....and has been used in some other things as well. COB's use of it on TW is just beautiful so I wanted to check out the real version.....and I was surprised to discover COB actually used another part of HGTR in Bodom After Midnight.....it's the cool interlude part on the keys......is this well known?? If so, I'm an idiot because I wasn't aware until I discovered it for myself.......I'm kinda disappointed it's not COB's "riff" but it's still cool......you'll see what I mean, it jumps out at you......

MGS3 by Blop - BSO La Roca "Hummell gets the rockets" - Google Video

Well, if you've seen the movie I think you should be able to recognize the similarities between the song and the score. I noticed it the first time I heard 'Bodom After Midnight'.

I think Hans Zimmer is a great movie composer and I sometimes do listen a lot of his music. 'The Rock' and 'Crimson Tide' soundtracks for example are both awesome!

Yeah, most people already know this.

Scythes of Bodom

"2. BODOM AFTER MIDNIGHT

A fast paced song that continues the Lake Bodom saga, has a catchy ssing-a-long chorus. The riff at 2:01 minutes was taken from the movie soundtrack of "The Rock" composed by Hans Zimmer and the speech before the song ("I was only 21 when I died") was taken from "The Exorcist III."

hey that's pretty cool. i didn't know that. i think this just shows that you can take practically any good melody you hear somewhere, and turn it into your own. it sounds awesome in bodom's song. it really works.