hurricane ...

lizard said:
holy shit...Rita's wind swath is a giant phallus, thrusting 'twixt Florida and Cuba!! this is truly a message from God.

It's nature's revenge on Bush for bumbling the last hurricane, now she's going to unleash the fucking fury on his own turf and flood some more Republicans in biblical proportions. :) Seriously, good luck to the forum regulars in its path, and everyone else.

J. said:
Well good luck to all Texas residents. Right now it looks like it could easily beat the devastation of Katrina (lets face it, New Orleans was destroyed by levees, not a hurricane).

I-45 in THe WOodlands is bumper to bumper. Don't know where these people are going since the goddamn Louisiana folks already have all the rooms in Huntsville and COnroe.

Me and the wife are going to tough it out at home. If we decide to go, we;ll either stay with her folks in Huntsville or head towards Nacogdoches where I own some acreage and a trailer house.

Godspeed to PJ and E-bortion.

I'm sitting right here in Katy bro. I plan on BBQin' right thru this bitch! :D

BBQ Rita is gonna have to go down!

But no, seriously, I've got some charcoal, some grub to cook, plenty of water, TP, food, weed and beer.

the hurricanes are chasing the blackzors who fled LA!!!!
new-77.jpg

good luck guys. my mom said they're expecting 100 mph winds and 9 inches of rain up there in dallas even.
a good friend of ours lives out there in katy by you, PJ.
and my cousin lives in galveston and WON'T FUCKING LEAVE. cuz he's an electrician and wants to stay to help afterwards. SHIT.

...stay safe.

i might be rowing home soon to help rebuild heh.

gah!!

A brief note on the evacuation of the Houston area. Galveston and all the coast was successfully evacuated but Wednesday night there occured throughout Houston a simultaneous mass (hysterical) evacuation. All the freeways and highways leaving Houston are at a dead standstill as of 11am Thursday. People have been in their vehicles as long as 12 hours without traveling more than 40 miles. Now they are running out of gas and there will soon be another chaotic storm evacuation situation. The local government and the mayor of Houston don't seem to realize that cars need gas and folks need facilities. The city has waited too long to open all freeway lanes to outbound traffic. The truth is, the feds, state, and locals do not know how to evacuate a major metropolitan area. Another catastrophe is only a day away.

Let's hope not.

I live within a few miles of I-45. That freeway has been a parking lot since yesterday.

I'm just sitting in the air conditioning watching the ballgame. ahhhhhh..........

can someone tell me when they tell you to "evacuate" ... where are all these people actually going to?

just driving around? hotels? where?

most of these people really do not have a destination in mind. they are just heading out of the storm's wrath and to any hotel room they can find.

just went to the local liquor store and passed under I-45. yep, it's still a parking lot. while they sweat in their cars in this 100 degree heat with cars overheating and gas running out, I'll be sitting here with my 6-packs of Killians and Dogfish Head Raison d'etre drinking to Rita, that hot slut.

J. said:
I live within a few miles of I-45. That freeway has been a parking lot since yesterday.

I'm just sitting in the air conditioning watching the ballgame. ahhhhhh..........

That's what I'm sayin! Right by I-10, I can hear semis braking all day long. Shit is crazy. I'd rather be prepared and stay at home thru a 10 hour serious storm than be 48 hours in that shit, and it's only gonna get worse. The media and the government have created a paranoia.

I'm enjoying the AC while I can. Eatin food off the stove, sucks I don't have a gas stuff like my mom. But still ready regardless.

the 10 freeway sucks. sucks in california, sucks in arizona, sucks in new mexico, and sucks in texas.

seriously though, that is one gigantic freeway.

whaaaaaat the bloody fuck
http://www.nbc5i.com/news/5010437/d...break&ts=T&tmi=dfw_natlbreak_1_07560209232005

DALLAS -- Authorities now say 24 people were killed Friday when explosions tore through a chartered bus filled with Hurricane Rita evacuees near Dallas on gridlocked Interstate 45, a Dallas County Sheriff's spokesman said.

The bus loaded with 43 passengers was engulfed with flames, causing a 17-mile backup on a freeway that was already heavily congested with evacuees from the Gulf Coast.

"Deputies were unable to get everyone off the bus," spokesman Don Peritz said.

By early Friday morning, the bus was reduced to a blackened, burned-out shell, surrounded by numerous police cars and ambulances.

Peritz said it appears a mechanical problem aboard the bus caused a fire that reached oxygen tanks belonging to the elderly passengers.

Peritz said the driver and arriving deputies tried to rescue as many passengers from the bus as possible but couldn't save everybody.

He said the bus left a nursing home in the Houston suburb of Bellaire Thursday, headed for facilities in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

State officials said northbound traffic is being diverted off of Interstate 45 onto U.S. Highway 287 at Ennis, about 30 miles southeast of Dallas.

Interstate 45 stretches more than 250 miles from Galveston through Houston to Dallas.

there's that and another popular story right now is about an elderly couple who decided to sleep in a carwash. the woman got up and slipped and hit her head on something and died.

it'll only get worse. already we can feel the cool breezes.

so if me or PJ disappear for a while, it's because we have no power or we're dead.

See you on the other side.....

:wave:

all bullshitting aside ... watch your asses you guys in Texas ... hope you make it through OK.