Huuge bell sound

Gujukal

May 19, 2012
Sweden
I'm wondering how to get that huge bell sound you can hear in Joey's and Chango's production. Any1 got a good sample on that type of bell sound?

I tried to do it with a sample i found at 0:58 in this song:

But it doesn't sound that good tbh :/

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually made that sample from a movie on youtube :) I really like Screaming Simple pack so im not sure i want to spend 65$ just for a bell sample :/ I guess i will keep looking if someone sells them separate for a couple of bucks or something.

But you've made other mixes with the screaming simple pack in them...?

Yeah, the things is that i don't want to spend money on another cymbal pack that i only gong to use the bell with. Screaming simple doesn't have a bell sample, just the bell on the ride but it doesn't sound big enough :p But I found another video of a 9,5" Zil Bel which sounded awesome, so I gonna use that :)

Yeah, the things is that i don't want to spend money on another cymbal pack that i only gong to use the bell with. Screaming simple doesn't have a bell sample, just the bell on the ride but it doesn't sound big enough :p But I found another video of a 9,5" Zil Bel which sounded awesome, so I gonna use that :)

Hey there Gustav, i've been listening to all of your tracks you've mixed and mastered. really like them all and i think i have alot to learn from you if you are willing to help me get better! Im also from Sweden so if you have Facebook or something we can talk alot more? that would be amazing man!
That track sounds great and i just bought the Chango WIM kit and the bells in there is huge :D

I'll vouch for Ben's cymbal pack, I use it quite often. Though you could try DullElysium's suggestion, and you could take a look around and try to find Erkan's cymbal samples, there are THOUSANDS of wav's and hundreds of cymbals, and it's free.