Hypocrisy, Archenemy, Soilwork, Scar Culture

artificialreasons

Fear, pain, hatred, power
Apr 4, 2002
Norco, Southern California
Visit site
...are playing here in Corona at the showcase theatre june 5th! this is great, the showcase is this tiny tiny punk theater...fits probably 150 people at the most...the only band ive heard is soilwork though, somebody tell me about the other bands? arch enemy is the band with the chick singer right?

Originally posted by artificialreasons
arch enemy is the band with the chick singer right?

Only recently!

It's only since their latest album (Wages Of Sin) that they have Angela on vocals.

I'm seeing AE at the end of the month supporting Opeth, which is gonna seriously rock!

And I'm still holding out for the In Flames/Soilwork shows to play in the UK :D

Originally posted by ForeverScarreD

Only recently!

It's only since their latest album (Wages Of Sin) that they have Angela on vocals.

I'm seeing AE at the end of the month supporting Opeth, which is gonna seriously rock!

And I'm still holding out for the In Flames/Soilwork shows to play in the UK :D
yeah i know i was just making sure it was the same band...even though i knew it was before i asked it:lol: ...what is arch enemy like musically?

Arch Enemy is at the top of the metal game right now. Intense melodic death, with the Amott brothers on guitar (Michael Amott of Carcass fame). The vocals are awesome, and Angela is a vast improvement over their previous vocalist, Liiva. If you like Soilwork, I can pretty much guarantee you'll like Arch Enemy. Hell, if you like metal, you should pretty much like them anyway.

Originally posted by artificialreasons

yeah i know i was just making sure it was the same band...even though i knew it was before i asked it:lol: ...what is arch enemy like musically?

Yeah I'd agree with Brand, AE are cut from a similar mold to bands like At The Gates, In Flames, Soilwork... but they do have that Carcass edge to them, and Angela's vocals are just plain stunning! I played WOS to some mates of mine and they absolutely refused to believe that it was a chick (not least the very one I showed them pics of :))

I swear my mate is only coming to the May show to check it's her on the record and not my wind up :)

Originally posted by freakysean
AS you all know, arch enemy dropped off the US Hypocricy tour. They are on tour with Nile, Hate eternal, and Origin.
wait!...so they wont be there?!!! btw, i downloaded the first 3 tracks from the new cd they are killer, reminds me kinda of in flames and at the gates...and wow she has a cool voice, sounds like a man:lol: