Soilwork

Originally posted by artificialreasons
well to answer my own post, now that ive had a predator's portrait for some time now(i bought it at that show which kicked ass by the way, there is a review of it by me floating around here somewhere), i would say the best songs on it would be needlefeast, like the average stalker, shadowchild, grand failure anthem, etc. the whole album kicks ass basically.:headbang:
omg i forgot my fav. track on the album!!! the analyst!
"I think you just made a big mistake...":headbang:

Originally posted by Swiss Metalian
I've got "Natural Born Chaos", it's one of the best Albums of 2002 so far!

Without a doubt. NBC is just jaw dropping stuff...haven't heard any other Soilwork (yet).

Originally posted by avalanchemastersong
I got natural born chaos and found it to be riffless and almost Nu-metal vocally. the keyboards are catchy but it is kind of muddy alltogether and am not that impressed...:(

Riffless? My ass!

Nu-Metal? Just because they sing clean lyrics does not numetal make them.

Production is kickass my friend. btw DEVIN TOWNSEND OWNS U!

Production is indeed kick ass. The double bass is somewhat buried a lot of the time, but that has never been important in Soilwork's music...which I think is a good thing. They don't need endlessly pummelling, clicky triggered double bass jittering thier songs as a selling point like a lot of other bands do, even in the melodic death genre.

I only have the song Natural Born Chaos...

and...

I can only agree with the Nu-metal comment. Theres moments where I think its gonna be good... and no, it stinks. To borrow a Metal observer analogy, this is a turd sandwhich made with really nice bread. Theres good things in it, but it means getting the foulness, and thats no good.

I wouldn't label Soilwork as nu-metal. That's going a little too far. They are better than Limp Bizkit, not by much though. Oh, the hell with it, they both suck. I wouldn't listen to either one.

what i meant to say by "nu-metal" is that the leads are rather cyclical and muddy and it has that same note stop-start thing going on (technical like Fear Factory not technical like Spiral Architect)...I.e. it does not sing to me with the treble or lead parts like it should.
while i agree the production is good...
not much of it sticks out to me. it lacks a real voice to me.
devin townsend is great and genius but i think he let the band sorta cut their own throat...it just does nothing for me because the leads are buried...

Originally posted by Wanderingblade
I only have the song Natural Born Chaos...

It's my opinion that the title track is the weakest on the album, but that's besides the point really; try listening to more tracks (at least 2 or 3) before passing a final judgement, you ain't being fair to Soilwork or yourself if you dismiss things on the strength of one song.