New bands

artificialreasons

Fear, pain, hatred, power
Apr 4, 2002
Norco, Southern California
Visit site
I'm really into the melodic death metal stuff like arch enemy, soilwork, at the gates, in flames, etc right now but of course i love other genres too, im into bands like iced earth, opeth, metallica, pantera, tool, nevermore...somebody name some bands that i would like based on this please. You know i realized that there arent alot of metal bands out there with clean vocals are there any that i havent named that are of any importance? thanks
hey thats 100 posts for me

Originally posted by LoboUivante
melodic death - dark tranquillity, maybe in the woods (a bit extreme).

anathema's Silent Enigma is great!

clean vocals - katatonia Tonight's Decision, paradise lost - draconian times... having a memory blank.
cool thanks for the suggestions, as u can see by the now playing part of my first post ive downloaded a few dark tranquillity songs, very good stuff, and i dont care if the music is extreme, ive heard of in the woods before i might have to download some of their stuff

Originally posted by LoboUivante
then you absolutely have to check out Maudlin of the Well - Bath and why not Solitde Aeturnus - through the darkset hour, they are influenced by sabbath and their singer is one of the best i ever heard(clean)

Are you saying Maudlin of the Well fits in with Opeth and Katatonia? I have heard some of their stuff, but not enough to make me buy the album. Can you give a good description of them? Other than "very strange and original".

God Forbid is another band to check out.

This is pretty different, but Type O Negative is great and has great clean vocals too. As some of you may know by now, they're one of my favorite bands and I keep writing about them all the time. Try songs like "Black no. 1", "Christian woman", "Summer breeze" (Seals & Crofts cover song), "Love you to death", "Red water (Christmas mourning)", "Wolf moon", "White slavery", "Everyone I love is dead", "Who will save the sane?" and "World coming down".

Try Grey Skies Fallen. a few tracks they growl, and do a very good job of it, and the otehr tracks are doom metal-ish. My favorite track is "The Purest Form".

Originally posted by Board
This is pretty different, but Type O Negative is great and has great clean vocals too. As some of you may know by now, they're one of my favorite bands and I keep writing about them all the time. Try songs like "Black no. 1", "Christian woman", "Summer breeze" (Seals & Crofts cover song), "Love you to death", "Red water (Christmas mourning)", "Wolf moon", "White slavery", "Everyone I love is dead", "Who will save the sane?" and "World coming down".
i have world coming down(the cd) and honestly i cant stand it, everything is SO SLOW.

Originally posted by npearce

Are you saying Maudlin of the Well fits in with Opeth and Katatonia? I have heard some of their stuff, but not enough to make me buy the album. Can you give a good description of them? Other than "very strange and original".

God Forbid is another band to check out.

Man i's beautiful, beautiful music as i never witnessed before. For example, we have They Aren’t All Beautiful which is a song that’s as much as oppressive, as almost brutal feeling, roaring growls tormented clean vocals, guitars blazing and icenerating the room… in the middle you get some stops which is very strange given its fast tempo, strange orchestration (but fitting) is also included.
In the same album you’ll get Marid’s Gift of Art, you’ll get some beautiful finger picked guitar riffs and then you’ll swear it can't be from the same band. Heaven and Weak starts with a very flexible and catchy bass, I witness the most harmonic and serene male & female clean vocals EVER!
Now a twist, a intro by a church organ , The Ferryman, now this is black metal, with doom lyrics I decided to call dark metal… it ends with this very morbid screams and moans, ah with Latin lyrics … eh eh… this is of what nightmares are made of… they still have time to do a great Birth Pains of a Astral Generation with it’s amazing 10 minutes and so… clean vocals, growls and if im not mistaken some female… don’t think the lady only does background vocals like Anathema’s Je t’ai Fait Une Prommese or My Dying Bride’s Black God… she sings, the first female vocals, I don’t think, sound gay or unglamorous… hard to pass my knowledge through words from this wondrous, amazing, awesome band…. Guess you’ll have to hear to this… though it’s not for everybody, if you know what I mean. Check their lyrics too, they can be both simple like Marid’s or really for expert’s only. What were you expecting from a band with 9 members?

The Ferryman translated to English

Beneath lonely darkness the gloomy travellers go through shadow and through the deserted abodes and ghostly kingdom of Dis:
through uncertain moonlight under rays of a spiteful sort the way
lies in the woods, where Jupiter hides the sky in shadow and
night steals colour from the black heavens.

Marid's Gift of Art

WHEN you were a baby, I told you that beauty came from the sea. Now when you touch me between the eyes, I say, "Why?" I never lie, but you won't believe I could make everyone so happy, I could make everything beautiful, like you. Clean, forever, just like you.

BTW, Opeth but not Opeth... maybe Morningrise... Katatonia maybe Dance... but this guys are very original... avantgard as they call them.

MOTW didn't write the lyrics to "The Ferryman"...they're from Virgil's "Aeneid". Although I think the translation is uniquely theirs :).

In my opinion, though, that's even cooler. Giving props to the Roman masters and all that.

Dragonlord - Rapture

Very classy - symphonic black metal... at least from what they put on their flyers.

Very awesome stuff.

Well som Melodic/Death Metal bands to check out are.

NonExist
Ablaze My Sorrow (New stuff)
Novembre ( Don't really fall into this category but oh well)
Withering Surface
DIssection( More Blackish)