Reccomend me some good bands!

whiteedge

New Metal Member
Feb 26, 2004
It's kind of hard to explain the type of music I like but basically my two favorite bands are soilwork and arch enemy. I like heavy music but I don't like thrash metal more melodic stuff. ANy recommendations for new bands?

Kyle

whiteedge said:
It's kind of hard to explain the type of music I like but basically my two favorite bands are soilwork and arch enemy. I like heavy music but I don't like thrash metal more melodic stuff. ANy recommendations for new bands?

Kyle
in flames
passenger
dark tranquility
evergrey
nevermore
god forbid

Hmm your two favorite bands are melodic death bands, that pretty much play thrash with Iron Maiden style melodies.........but you don't like thrash. Interesting.........I suggest first you learn what thrash is and listen to that, here are some more bands too:

Kalmah
Children of Bodom
At The Gates
Carcass - only Heartwork and Swansong, you won't like their older stuff
Callenish Circle
The Black Dahlia Murder
Omnium Gatherum
Nightrage
Edge of Sanity
Darkest Hour

He'd probably like Metalcore too...

Try As I lay Dying, The Agony Scene, Avenge Sevenfold (A bit punky though) and maybe Killswitch Engage (though they can be a bit Nu-metallish at times)

All the bands listed above are greats.

Allow me to do the prog whoring.

Symphony X, Dream Theater, Evergrey, Devin Townsend Band, Adagio

And here some other bands that might intrest you as well

Skyfire, Norther, Iced Earth, Sinergy, Strapping Young Lad, Zyklon, Emperor. I also do not see Opeth on here, omgwtfbbq?

And of course Children of Bodom!

Starting from the two bands you gave, pretty much all that immediately comes to mind has already been mentioned.
I'd add Machine Head - "Through The Ashes Of Empires" and Shadows Fall - "The Art Of Balance".

All That Remains (Shadows Fall-type band)
Amorphis (Elegy, Tuonela)
Control Denied
Darkane (Insanity)
Edge Of Sanity
Emperor
Green Carnation
Hypocrisy (melodic Swedish death metal)
Opeth (can't recommend these guys enough!)
Dan Swano's 'Moontower'