Please recommened some Metal bands?

Jan 7, 2003
Preparing your grave. :)
I know there's a LOT of bands out there that I haven't listened to. And besides, I need some new stuff. I'm too lazy to list all the bands I listen to, but just a few of my top faves are; Dark Tranquillity, Arch Enemy, In Flames, Iced Earth, Amon Amarth, Nevermore, Lacuna Coil....

Genres I listen to include a bit of Nu-Metal(Disturbed...:D), Power/Rush Metal, Black Metal, Death Metal, Doom Metal, Heavy Metal...=/ To name a majority.

So hopefully, someone can list 7 bands or even more, it doesn't matter. Good bands to superb. From the not-so-known to the famous. I'll tell you if I already listen to one of them...

Opeth - Highly original, difficult to categorise
Katatonia - Also tough to categorise
Anathema - Early stuff is doom/death, later stuff is quite mellow, but excellent.
My Dying Bride - Magic and original doom metal band.
At The Gates - Legendary melodic death metal band
Bloodbath - Good Death Metal band
Candlemass - Heavy, traditional doom band
Novembre - Another tough band to categorise
Rotting Christ - Brilliant black metal band
Maudlin of the Well - Another original, indefinable band

Ok, can't be bothered with any more descriptions. I'll categorise them loosely...

Also try:
Black Metal - Bathory, Venom, Satyricon, Mayhem, Burzum and EMPEROR
Melodic Death Metal - Soilwork, Children of Bodom, Darkane, Omnium Gatherum, Norther
Melodic Black Metal - Old Man's Child, Agathodaimon
Doom - Agalloch, Provenance, Cathedral, St Vitus, Paradise Lost, Sentenced, Novembers Doom, Lake of Tears

Aaahh, there's millions more - These are just some of the more obvious ones - I'm too tired. This should be enough as a starter. :)

None_So_Vile said:
oh right you have it under noisecore/mathcore, ingore the previous post then

Yeah, I wasn't sure which category to stick them under, but they sound more noisecore-esque to me than straight metalcore, so that's the section they went in. Whatever anyone wants to call them though, they're a fantastic band... Jane Doe was easily the best album of 2001 for me.

As I Lay Dying
Immortal
Dissection
Emperor
Immolation
Death
Dying Fetus
White Zombie
Paradise Lost
At the Gates
My Dying Bride (my personal favorite)
Anathema
Old Man's Child
Mayhem
Marduk
Gorgoroth (the best black metal band ever.)

If you would like some good heavy metal check BLAZE! Go to their website, go to the download section, then audio, and you have real audio clips of all their songs. They rock on stage too! Check my banner!

If you would like some cheesy power/symphonic the new Stratovarius is pretty good, and Rhapsody/Luca Turilli are also very good, it needed a few listen to grew on me, but now I really like it.

power metal=helstar
thrash metal= mekong delta
progressive metal=psychotic waltz
death metal=nile
doom metal=solitude aeturnus
black metal=emperor
traditional heavy metal=manowar
here 7 bands for every gengre, since you listen to all metal gengres.

Well here a few:

Exhibition
Galloglass
Tyrant Eyes
Sabaton
Cryonic Temple
Saga Sagga
Seventh One
Lyzanxia
Betrayer
Reclusion
Silent Voices