Hypocrisy Lyrics

Jul 14, 2008
Decatur, IL
Anyone else agree that Hypocrisy's lyrics are kinda lame? I read an interview where Peter said he doesn't really care about the lyrics and doesn't try to make them too good. Hypocrisy is an amazing band, great riffs, amazing vocals. Themes are cool, artwork is cool. But the lyrics themselves are aweful. Like "The Fourth Dimension", "Elastic Inverted Visions"... There are a few good ones though. "When The Candle Fades" is evil.

I don't exactly know what you mean by lame! But I know that the music is badass! Like Peter said, who cares about lyrics? Would you rather have lyrics without music? ? ? Just a thought!

:kickass:

I disagree
I dont think Peters lyrics are lame, they are somewhat simple but that doesnt mean lame

example of powerful sentences, simple yet powerful

''I'll squeeze until you die, I can feel it''

''I only destroyed you cuz I wanted to, to show the power I own''

''Its like to cleave all your worst enemies and see how bad they bleed''

and of course

''ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGHGGGHGHHG''

and of course

''ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH UUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRGHGGGHGHHG''

That's where it's all at in lyrics!

By lame I mean there's not much to them. They're simple like you said. I rather enjoy good lyrics on top of good music. And Hypocrisy is better than good. I believe he can do better.

As for "Elastic Inverted Visions", that's just it. Sure the message is clear. It's said in a powerful way. But it's just a little bland lyrically. Although on a completely different note, when I first started playing guitar I was trying to learn that main riff. It took forever... I love it.

I´m so :)happy:) this thread wasn´t about
"where can I find the lyrics for Hypocrisy-songs, there´s nothing official anywhere...yadiyadiyaaaa...."
PHEW.
Hypocrisy is one of the very few bands where I don´t really care about the lyrics. Hypocrisy is the bestbandever. (!!)