Votes: 21 77.8%
  • NO

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

Shamateur

Hypocrite
Jan 23, 2003
Nonexistence
Ok, everyone. Here we come to discuss one thing I have been meeting for a long time here. People on this board became very often to talk about blastbeat in Hypocrisy's albums. I think, that it became actually after "Virus" and Horgh. This man brought into the band very very fresh air and I wish his contribution in band will be so long as I can see. But lets look into band's histry. Hypocrisy has never been very fast lastbeating band, it's always was slow and middle temp. Last years brought like a moda on fast stuff, that is why we can hear such things like "Into The Abyss" & "Virus". As for me I don't want Hypocrisy to become faster as it is today (if it still is...). If I want some grinding stuff I will put an album of Cryptopsy into my CD-ROM and there won't be any problems. I say NO to all this modern shit, for me Hypocrisy is "Roswell 47", "The Fourth Dimension" & "Inseminated Adoption".

P. S. Don't underrate Lars' contribution. He is a good musician who has done pretty much for the band we can hear today. Hail to Lars SZÖKE!

I say yes to Blastbeats with Horgh, the way the standard blastbeats sound in Warpath and Craving for another killing, I fucking like it, also the hammer blasts in Blooddrenched

I dont want Hypocrisy to become a deathgrind band neither, but I say, with Horgh behind the drum, when you write a fast paced song, go for it!

Take the example of TFC. Great album, my fave with self titled

One song out of 2 is fast paced, actually every odd number song is fast. But no blastbeat

Dominion could have used some blastbeats, maybe other songs too, but not with Lars

So I say, I dont want Hypocrisy to neglect mid tempo and ambiant songs to make more fast paced stuff, but with Horgh, if you do a fast paced song, go for ULTRA fast, like craving for another killing! Bassdrum rolling, blastbeats, HELL YEAH

I always loved blastbeats...if it sounds well

Good exemple of band with KILLING blastbeats

-Suffocation : Mike Smith is a machine, and with the great prod quality from the last album, you can really hear just who tight are his blastbeats, wether standard or hammer

-Dimmu Borgir during the Nicholas Barker era : puritanical euphoric misanthropia has the best blastbeats in all blackmetal, its almost unbelivable, just listen to the beginning of ''Blessings upon the throne of tyrrany''

finally, Im a BIG fast of QUALITY blastbeating, but too much is not enough, Hypocrisy is NOT a grinding machine

or the drummer of borknagar the song resonance the drums are mad or the album by enslaved blodhemn, dirge rep was fucking tight, think hypocrisy does need to have blast beats for there fast songs as makes it sound more brutal if they had horgh in into the abyss it would be brutal has hell lol and playing the abyss at mo and drums sound fucking great

a question to the person who actually voted no

the beginning of warpath, with the blastbeats and the 20 second scream

you would flush that...?

oh well, its just only one of the top 5 most intense death metal moment ever :err:

thing is, the poll is not very clear

is the question 'Blastbeats yes or no' OR 'MORE blastbeats yes or no'...?

cuz that would change my answer

I say yes to blastbeats, but NOT more than on Virus

i think the should keep theire slow/middle fast way.
too much blastbeats are too modern. i wouldnt care if there is one ore two songs with blastbeats, sometimes it can be nice, but at all the typical hypocrisy sound should be kept :headbang:

why funny? it's pretty obvious that they just took him because he was fat. they alread had... well stop, not that again. lars rocked, in some kinda strange way i guess. i like the scene of that fractured millenium live video, where he stops drumming for a sec with his left hand to scratch his ear.

found it:
watch lars retirees blast beats and at 2:16 the special suprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
why funny? it's pretty obvious that they just took him because he was fat. they alread had... well stop, not that again. lars rocked, in some kinda strange way i guess. i like the scene of that fractured millenium live video, where he stops drumming for a sec with his left hand to scratch his ear.

found it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZBedRpujMc watch lars retirees blast beats and at 2:16 the special suprise.

What's the reason he left?

Not able to keep up = Fat?

Or not skillful enough?