Hypocrisy lyrics

Zaha86

New Metal Member
Sep 16, 2011
Soooooo.... I really need to ask, who wrote lyrics for Penetralia and Osculum Obscenum-albums???? Wikipedia and Encyclopaedia metallum says Masse "Emperor Caligula" Broberg :err:

But most of Penetralia's lyrics are written by Peter? Most of songs are from demos

But most of Penetralia's lyrics are written by Peter? Most of songs are from demos

In a recent interview with Peter, I asked why there is no lyrics in Penetralia and OO booklets. He said that the lyrics was written by Masse (sure except Black Metal - Venom cover). That time they couldn't make booklets with lyrics, and later it was no longer relevant.
And then he joked, saying, "Ask Masse to make booklets with lyrics himself".

You asked him kinda in all other albums there were full lyrics for each song...
I remember old interviews from 90's where it was told that all material was created by Peter himself.
20 years have left, maybe he tangled something?

Yeah that what's I'm thinking... When Peter recorded first Hypocrisy-demos, he performed all of them alone. But there's no mention about lyric-writer, maybe Masse was a guest-writer back then???

This is not so important who wrote lyrics or music, but 'cuz I'm kinda curious about every bands song writing-methods, I just wanna know :)

I bet Peter wrote lyrics at least for the songs featured on the demos. Maybe Masse did the rest of Penetralia and whole Osculum.
I made a cover of Impotent god for which I asked permission from NB and Hypocrisy. NB informed me to add "Music and lyrics by Peter Tägtgren" when I asked what I should write to the credits.

Höpöriisi;10094729 said:
I bet Peter wrote lyrics at least for the songs featured on the demos. Maybe Masse did the rest of Penetralia and whole Osculum.
I made a cover of Impotent god for which I asked permission from NB and Hypocrisy. NB informed me to add "Music and lyrics by Peter Tägtgren" when I asked what I should write to the credits.

NB's site has a lot of mistakes in the biography of Peter. They even "made" him 3 years younger than he is. its not surprising that they responded incorrectly ;)
Oh, can you show your cover artwork, please?

I also dont remember Peter saying that he writes for everything for Hypocrisy. He always said that he wrote everything himself for Pain. He created this project to be "selfish" in it.
But not for Hypocrisy.
Also on the documentary it can be seen that Massa wrote lyrics for the first two albums of Hypo. and Peter began written lurics later. He didnt even write all the music for Hypo)

Also, Peter said in an interview that he hates to write lyrics and its the hardest part of work for him)

NB's site has a lot of mistakes in the biography of Peter. They even "made" him 3 years younger than he is. its not surprising that they responded incorrectly ;)
Oh, can you show your cover artwork, please?

I also dont remember Peter saying that he writes for everything for Hypocrisy. He always said that he wrote everything himself for Pain. He created this project to be "selfish" in it.
But not for Hypocrisy.
Also on the documentary it can be seen that Massa wrote lyrics for the first two albums of Hypo. and Peter began written lurics later. He didnt even write all the music for Hypo)

Also, Peter said in an interview that he hates to write lyrics and its the hardest part of work for him)

Actually I wondered it myself too because Impotent god wasn't on the demos, but I just did what I was told to do (for once even, hehe). Also, when Dark Funeral's Vobiscum Satanas came out I was pretty sure that Masse wrote Impotent god, as the lyrics seemed alike with some of the ones he wrote for DF.

After all, NB is just a big label with a lot of emplyees who necessarily don't know shit about their bands and the guy who replied me just winged the info.

Here's a link to my release at metal archives: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pure_Evil/Chapter_III:_Dedication/257507
I was lucky enough to give copies of it to all Hypo members at last year's Tuska festival. Also got to show my hypocross tattoo to them (together with old hypomaniac who used to write here, Lumitalvi).

Don't know if it's been posted here, but I remember reading an old interview from TFC/Hypocrisy-era where Peter gave an explanation to why the lyrics aren't on the releases. He said that it's because the music is just as important as the lyrics and no one prints their tablatures in the booklets. Don't know if he was just tired of answering the question, or if he really meant it.

Damn. I used a mobile phone when answered. And read a bit wrong, I thought you "painted" a cover ))
And where can i listen to your cover version?
You are Kryth, right? )

Höpöriisi;10095284 said:
Actually I wondered it myself too because Impotent god wasn't on the demos, but I just did what I was told to do (for once even, hehe). Also, when Dark Funeral's Vobiscum Satanas came out I was pretty sure that Masse wrote Impotent god, as the lyrics seemed alike with some of the ones he wrote for DF.

After all, NB is just a big label with a lot of emplyees who necessarily don't know shit about their bands and the guy who replied me just winged the info.

Here's a link to my release at metal archives: http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Pure_Evil/Chapter_III:_Dedication/257507
I was lucky enough to give copies of it to all Hypo members at last year's Tuska festival. Also got to show my hypocross tattoo to them (together with old hypomaniac who used to write here, Lumitalvi).

Don't know if it's been posted here, but I remember reading an old interview from TFC/Hypocrisy-era where Peter gave an explanation to why the lyrics aren't on the releases. He said that it's because the music is just as important as the lyrics and no one prints their tablatures in the booklets. Don't know if he was just tired of answering the question, or if he really meant it.

Damn. I used a mobile phone when answered. And read a bit wrong, I thought you "painted" a cover ))
And where can i listen to your cover version?
You are Kryth, right? )

That's me. I don't think that the song is online anywhere, so send me your e-mail address via PM if you want to hear it and I'll send you an mp3.