Hypocrisy (the band, not a political thread)

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
I don't think I've heard anyone discuss them 'round these parts, except myself of course. Anyhow, they are entering the studio tomorrow for their follow up to 2002's uh... less than stellar (though not bad!) Catch 22. Any fans that are miss the alien themes of their earlier work should be appeased this time around, apparently they will be making a return.

Abducted, The Final Chapter, and their self-titled should be in every melodic death collection as far as I am concerned, marvelous stuff. Picked up right where Carass - Heartwork left off, but not a complete copy of style by any means.

If you don't know who Hypocrisy is, you probably do know Peter Tagtgren, producer extraordinaire of Dimmu Borgir, Dark Funeral, Borknagar, Marduk, Rotting Christ, and many others. My favorite death metal vocalist, too. :)

:hotjump:

I just ordered the Maximum Abducted EP for cheap ($3). I figured this would give me a taste of their sound, and it would double as a chicken shaped CD.

If I like, which I'm sure I will being the metal whore that I am, I'd like to get Abducted and self-titled.

Hypocrisy are excellent. I wasn't a huge fan of Catch 22, although Hatred is bad ass song.... I have

Penetralia (which does not feature Ptere on vocals, one of their best)
The Fourth Dimension (my fave)
Abducted
The Final Chapter
Hypocrisy
Into The Abyss
Catch 22

Peter has quite an ear... killer producer, great musician.

Hey PJ you should check out Osculum Obscenum if you like 4th and Pentralia, sort of the bridge between the two.

Hey JK, you'll be hooked with either of those selections, the self-titled is one of my all time favorite albums.

Hey BFD, I have to agree with you that the Final Chapter is not their best by any means (plays more like a greatest hits CD than a concept album like their other stuff), but it does have my favorite Hypocrisy song, A Coming Race.

Hey hey my my. :p

NAD said:
Hey JK, you'll be hooked with either of those selections, the self-titled is one of my all time favorite albums.

Gonna order a bunch from cduniverse.com - they have the Hypocrisy CDs for under $10, the latest Porcupine Tree for under $10, and the re-releases of the At The Gates (Red in the Sky & With Fear) for $8 each on DigiPak.

My firts Hypocrisy purchase was the LIve & Clips DVD. It's not the best of the best in the field of DVD's but I knew I'd eventually get into Hypocrisy. Yesterday I bought Cath 22 and I like it. I know why it's not the best album and that's why I'm pretty excited as I'm about to buy more of 'em and I know the stuff I'm about to hear will we tons better:D

Hells yes you have much to look forward to, Catch 22 is probably their worst.

*cough* I have two reviews up at the 'zine *cough* click my signature *cough* [/shameless plug] :D

NAD said:
*cough* I have two reviews up at the 'zine *cough* click my signature *cough* [/shameless plug] :D
As far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as a shameless plug on your own forum for your own reviews !

*thinks about spamming the Children of Bodom forum again*

Yeah I suppose you're right, but both of the reviews are mine, so at the very least it's a shameful plug for me. :)

I'm definitely NOT a fan of the Abyss/Tägtgren's production. Much (Most) of the stuff coming from there is crap and even most of the good stuff has a boring if clear production. Off topic, I know, but I just had to.

I'm not the biggest fan of Abyss studios either. Some sounds really good (Hypocrisy's self-titled and Dimmu Borgir's EDT), but for the most part it's too emotionless for me. Fucking transistor amps on the guitars too. :yuk:

The new Dissection is to be recorded there come next year, by the way.

Also the new Taake album will be recorded there. I hope (and think) we can trust Hoest to make it good anyway. Shining II - Livets Ändhållplats is a good axample of a good album with good production coming from there.