Hypocrisy (the band, not a political thread)

The Arrival will be a strong contender for album of the year, this album gets better with each listen.

This is what Catch 22 should have been. It is catchy, but still sounds like Hypocrisy the death metal band and has that whole alien theme throughout.

My fave is Final Chapter. The self titled and Abducted are pretty good. THe two after the self titled were crap, though.

rediscovered this band just recently. THe Final Chapter owns all, don't care what y'all say. The self-titled is good as well.

Request Denied is my fave Hypocrisy song.

Thank you and fuck you.

NAD said:
*cough* review has been up for awhile *HACK*

Sorry mate, seems I've got a cold. :D
You should get that looked at. ;)

You know what's funny, is that I honestly forget to read the damned reviews at RC more often than not. I just wait until people discuss them here. :lol:

I've been casually revisiting these dudes as of late, still some very good shit.

I heard but never picked up Virus, Catch 22 is poop, and The Arrival fell off my radar after a few months.

Still, they had an excellent 4 album run with everything else being decent (other than Catch 22).

Hooray drudging up old threads.

I don't really listen to them anymore, but this song and album are A+++, and also today is the 66th anniversary of the GIANT COVERUP, so yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't really listen to them anymore, but this song and album are A+++, and also today is the 66th anniversary of the GIANT COVERUP, so yeah.

Abducted, The Final Chapter, and the self titled are all must haves in my book. The rest can fuck off.

Last edited by a moderator:
After tonight's Hypocrisy Spree I'm tempted to put The 4th Dimension second only to Abducted. Well, maybe.

It's a good feeling to scope out a once-loved band and remember why they were so :kickass: all them years ago.

I have not listened to much Hypocrisy for years but they used to be a favorite of mine. I don't like Catch 22 either but I don't think anyone does. Virus however was definitely a solid comeback album, a return to form with some improved vocals (which I would guess came about after Peter got praised so highly on Bloodbath's release) infused in there. I missed most of Taste of Extreme Divinity as well, and I have not heard the newest album yet but I've heard it sounds more like old school Hypocrisy so eventually I'll be looking into it.

I have not listened to much Hypocrisy for years but they used to be a favorite of mine. I don't like Catch 22 either but I don't think anyone does. Virus however was definitely a solid comeback album, a return to form with some improved vocals (which I would guess came about after Peter got praised so highly on Bloodbath's release) infused in there. I missed most of Taste of Extreme Divinity as well, and I have not heard the newest album yet but I've heard it sounds more like old school Hypocrisy so eventually I'll be looking into it.

The new one is very average. In fact, everything after the self titled is ridiculously average and not worth anyone's time.