I am getting a Framus Dragon. Anyone have any experience with this amp?

Trondsa

Feb 27, 2006
I decided to purchase a Framus Dragon with two Dragon cabinets. Does anyone here have any experience using this amp, live or studio? Any input appreciated:) I suppose I`ll get my amp this week.

Ive just finished a tour with a guitar player who plays the dragon. We did a bit of a/b ing on the tour between the Dragon a line 6 vetta and a mesa (cant remember which one). For the band and the guitarist in question the dragon gave him by far the best tone and really cut throught in the mix with minimal effort. The vetta seemed really good until the whole band paled and then it just didnt cut through or have anywhere near the presence of the dragon. Not sure if it was due to thje amp or the guitarist be we ended up using 2 dragons for most of the tour.

Just tried it quickly. Good clean sound, very nice crunch somwhere between peavy classic series and 5150 depending on the settings, great lead channel somwhere between the 5150 and the dual rectifier. You can go from a creamy sound to a sharp modern tone. Amazingly low hiss.
But very poor construction imo. I expected much better. Shitty tolex, shitty handle, no grill to protect the tubes, poorly ajusted box.
To make the story short:
Great versatile and pleasant tone but I can't imagine it to stay in good shape on the road for long.
Still psyched with the orange Rockerverb...

Interesting. I've heard a few people comment on the Framus' construction being sub-par before, but I figured it was just forum bias.

All the clips I've heard of the Rockerverb have been great. Odd looking amp, but sounds awesome, or so I've heard.

i have a cobra and really love it

the construction doesn't feel as solid as my 5150 or my old dual recto, but it's not bad either...i keep the head in a roadcase so i don't really have to worry about it