Framus Cabs

Trep

Mar 16, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Hey Guys,

I have a Friend looking at some Framus Cabs, Particularly 2x12 Ones. He is Looking for sumthing which is small than his Rectifier Cab for Recording and small gigs and these Came up fairly cheap.

Has anyone had any experience with Framus cabs or 2x12's particularly.

Thanks Guys.

Oh Btw Hes Using a Framus Dragon, Soldano SLO-100 and Marshall Silver Jubilee.

Not at the same time of course:lol:

Framus seem to be pretty good IMO. I have a Dragon 4x12 cab which I'm quite happy with. It's not quite as tight as I'd like, but you get that with lighter construction and V30's. When I was buying it I originally planned to get the 2x12, but plugged into the 4x12 an was sold. The 2x12 didn't sound bad by any means, but the 4x12 just sounded so much better haha.

I'd say their cabs are far from shit, and definately worth considering. It would all come down to taste really.

I had the 2x12 and it was a good cab, nowhere near as good as my Blackstar, but then it was half the price and less than half the size. Not particularly tight.

I owned a dragon cab for about a year and while I cant complain about it tonally bc I loved how it sounded. The tolex on the other hand was horrible. Paper thin crap basically. Roadcase the guy up if you plan on playing out.