to play in a small venue

carlocki

Oct 12, 2011
How is the best way to play in a small venue?

I am planning to buy a an 100 watt Head and a v30 2x12 cab

the head could be or a Framus Dragon or a Fireball (60 or 100 watt)

please let me know what is best way for your experience.

Show up, check in, get set time, load gear in, set up, play, break down, load into truck/trailer/cars, hang out for rest of bands, drive home.

Seriously, not sure what you're asking. Volume-wise, I'd start at band practice levels and adjust from there. Every venue will sound different.

Show up, check in, get set time, load gear in, set up, play, break down, load into truck/trailer/cars, hang out for rest of bands, drive home.

Seriously, not sure what you're asking. Volume-wise, I'd start at band practice levels and adjust from there. Every venue will sound different.

:Smokedev:
here in italy venues are small pubs with 10 persons

i would like to have small amplifiers to set a good gain with low volume
i am planing for a engl fireball 60 or 100 or a dragon framus for 100 watt

like my jcm 900 but too loud.

for cab 2x12 in smal venue can help?

Wow, that IS a small venue. :lol:

Well, if you're playing metal, and have a real drummer, you have to at least get volume around his level. 2x12 should be fine. Or just go 4x12 and crank everything to 11 and melt peoples' faces. :headbang:

100 watt head for small venues? Really? I would go for something much smaller, like say a Dark Terror or something... do these places have a PA?

100 watt head for small venues? Really? I would go for something much smaller, like say a Dark Terror or something... do these places have a PA?

70% of venues own a PA

i have a engl fireball 60 that's great
planning to buy the 100 because the noise gate.

Why not just use the master volume to turn it down? Metal doesn't require power tubes to be pushed that much and I personally hate little power tubes in metal amps anyway.

Also getting a bigger head unit will be good for the future. Not sure what the point of getting a small head for gigs is. Home use, maybe. If you're going live go big.

If you're mainly playing in small venues, the Engl Fireball 60 will be more than adequate. I've played small and big venues with 50 watt heads and never had the need for all that power.

If you're mainly playing in small venues, the Engl Fireball 60 will be more than adequate. I've played small and big venues with 50 watt heads and never had the need for all that power.

is a great head but

too noisy
too less volume playing in 4

the 100 watt has separate eq a noise gate and more volume i guess

Why not just use the master volume to turn it down? Metal doesn't require power tubes to be pushed that much and I personally hate little power tubes in metal amps anyway.
I dunno, I just think it's a bit of a waste forking out all that cash for a high wattage amp when (a) you're never going to use its full potential and (b) there are some excellent sounding low wattage amps these days.

Not sure what the point of getting a small head for gigs is. Home use, maybe. If you're going live go big.
Price + portability? ;)

70% of venues own a PA

i have a engl fireball 60 that's great
planning to buy the 100 because the noise gate.

Surprised the Fireball 60 isn't loud enough for you then. Will a noise gate pedal not help you if it's the noise that's the main problem....?