I am starting a one-man-band à la Morbid Saint, Blood Feast, Dark Angel, Sadus,...

Sober.

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2009
'Sup everyone?

I play in a mid-tempo thrash/metal band and I have the feeling that I can't express myself enough with the songs we play. Every time I write a song it is to complex to play with my current band, since our drummer still had to learn a lot when he joined us. I enjoy playing with them, but it isn't a challenge and we won't be ready as a band to gig for at least another year.

That's why I decided to start a one man project to write the stuff I enjoy the most. Fast extreme stuff like good ol' Dark Angel and Morbid Saint. Other bands that also are a major influence on me are Demolition Hammer, Sadus, Morgoth,...

Today whilst jamming I began to write a song, that clearly wasn't suited for my band, so I thought this was the ideal moment to start my one-man band.

This song isn't finished by far, but since I'll be working on this alone, I would appreciate the input of fellow metal-listeners. I hope there are still some old-school minded people out there, since the majority of the 'rate my tone'-topics are focussed on Hardcore and Deathcore.

Maybe I'll ask a friend in the future when I have some finished songs to record the bass and maybe I'll search for someone to sing on it. I have no intentions to bring this music live, so it'll stay a bedroom project.

I really don't have the knowledge to mix some decent songs, so I was hoping someone out here would like to mix the music, if I provide the DI-tracks and midi for drums. But first I need to write more!

Check it out and leave your honest opinion. It's a quick recording to hear it "for real" instead of in Guitar Pro. So expect some pretty sloppy playing and shitty mix.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14068527/Boost Didier - aaurrhhrhhghgd.wav