I Be A Metal Lady ^^

Nayz

Play Da Bass
Oct 22, 2007
England
Why hello there! I'm Nayz, I'm 17 years old and I play bass, sing and program for my Metal band Sekhmets Rise :kickass:

I love Metal (Death, Progressive and Symphonic Metal in particular!) although I am opened minded to other genres of music and can enjoy them just as much :p flame me if you will, I am not ashamed of loving the Funk! Haha XD

Anyway, I hope to see you guys and girls on the forum soon :D

Hi there newcomer. Metal chicks are fucking cool as shit. I hope to marry one someday. I play guitar as well, if you're ever in Florida we could use a solid bass player :)

Well at the mo we only have a very Symphonic demo, which doesn't have vocals and only has one guitar, so its not a accurate portrait of the band in general, we are recording a new demo fairly soon though which should involve vocals and be more are sort of thing, its not quite as symphonic and strongly based on the strings as the current one.

Haha well if I ever move to Florida I will let you know ShredHead! Although if your ever interested in doing a online collab that would be cool, I know good musicians that live to far away (that includes drummers!) so we record the same song on whatever instrument we play and then throw it all together, can turn out pretty cool! I'm doing a new project when my hand recovers :D

Edit: At the mo we were thinking of doing Metallica - The Call Of Ktulu

Correction: He wants to hear your band and maybe have a chance of getting into your pants. :D

You're a metal lady, I'm a metal man- perhaps we could have metalsex with our metal genitalia? Or perhaps not. I'll just let you know right now though, using Ebonics and referring to metal as "the Funk" is totally not metal. :) Have fun on the forum.

Lol I was referring to the actual genre Funk, saying that I like genres other then metal, I certainly wasn't calling Metal 'The Funk' :p

And wanting to listen to someones band can be completely innocent :D Your just cynical.

I can appreciate naivety. :D You will soon learn that nobody wants to listen to your band innocently. It's a sad fact of modern music's social structure. Good luck with the band, though. :)

Haha well I listen to other peoples bands innocently :D

Whether its innocent or not, hopefully they will be pleasantly surprised when they do hear it, the more the better. Thanks for the half hearted good luck though :) I actually mean it when I wish you good luck! :D

Hi Nayz and Welcome, just been reading some of the :yell:CRAP that's been coming out on your intro, look, I"m a big Metal/punk/thrash fan, mainly Iron Maiden but I love Rock/R&B as well, there is nothing wrong with listening/singing or even playing non metal non Rock bands style music you have to have variety no shame in that. anyway you do wot you do and if it feels right it must be right, you go girl..........:kickass::headbang:

cheers :kickass:maiden1

Haha Thank you so much for the warm welcome Maiden! :D I thought my intro was ruined for a second :( Haha!

Thats what I say to all the haters :lol: loving funk and genres that typically have more complex or groovy bass lines does wonders for my playing! How can that be negative?

That's just cold calling my good luck half-hearted, dude. You have no idea the effort that goes in to me wishing you good luck on this forum. I had to install a new browser and my internet costs $1.99 a minute, and it took me a good 2 minutes to write that... and this, for that matter!

All this talk about your band, but where is the link to even check it out? I never saw the link! :(

XD Haha well then I'm sorry Oinkness, I take it back! When I'm rich I will send you $1.99! Not that I'm cheap or anything...

Nayz said:
Well at the mo we only have a very Symphonic demo, which doesn't have vocals and only has one guitar, so its not a accurate portrait of the band in general, we are recording a new demo fairly soon though which should involve vocals and be more are sort of thing, its not quite as symphonic and strongly based on the strings as the current one.
I could give you a linky to that demo >.< but, as started above, its not too accurate, we are a lot heavier generally, the vocals alone completely change the mood!