I Bid On A CD From ebay...AND WON!!!

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
Pretty cool, eh? :D

And here's the kicker...

It was Dark Tranquillity's SKYDANCER/CHAOS combo!!!

This is sooooooooo awesome!!!

This album is regarded as the very first Gothenburg album! And also one of the great CD's from the legends of Swedish Metal! I can't wait to hear it!!!

What can I expect from this CD that I haven't heard already from the massive hype?

Just so you know Overlord,people might've been more excited if you'd won the first pressing of Skydancer or something. :) The Skydancer/Of Chaos EP album is the version that can be found in most stores these days.

Anyway,you can surely expected a more raw approach. The production isn't all top notch,but it's good enough none the less. Kinda the same as with Emperor,probably wouldn't be the same with perfect production.
Friden's vocals put some people off but I really like them. He handles both clean and growling vocals well and Shadow Duet is definitely one of Dark Tranquillity's best songs.
Also there's so much more lyrics on Skydancer than any other Dark Tranquillity cd. There's not really as much music without vocals as on the rest of the cds. Good lyrics too,written by either Sundin or Stanne,mainly Sundin.
Our store had that album for like 2 years for $15...well someone bought it one of these days...I think. Wasn't me...

TheFourthHorseman said:
[Fridén] handles both clean and growling vocals well
Nope, he doesn't... At least not on "Skydancer", because the cleans (and maybe 10-20% of the growls) are by Mikael Stanne on that album.

Erik said:
Nope, he doesn't... At least not on "Skydancer", because the cleans (and maybe 10-20% of the growls) are by Mikael Stanne on that album.

Oh ok that's cool,I thought so once since Through Ebony Archways sounds all Stanne,just wasn't sure and posted bullshit once again. :p

RealHazard said:
Only benefit of living in Finland, you can find almost every non-undeground band from stores. :)

a friend of mine (half-finn) got a cd from eppu normaali or something.
are they somehow famous in finland? because it's utter crap, but his aunt would surely not dig all to deep in the underground to find a cd as bring-along. so it has to be rather known...

VultureCulture said:
a friend of mine (half-finn) got a cd from eppu normaali or something.
are they somehow famous in finland? because it's utter crap, but his aunt would surely not dig all to deep in the underground to find a cd as bring-along. so it has to be rather known...
You're right on both accounts:
1) they are utter crap
2) for some reason I can't quite understand they are really famous in Finland. Actually, they've been famous since the beginning of the 80's or something... I don't really know/care. :D

-Lamia

then again, people tend to love crappy music, see charts. all pieces fit together neatly *conspiracy*