I blasted some mountains and lakes this summer.

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
Spent some time up on Lime Ridge in the Glacier Peak Wilderness over Labor Day weekend. It was quite an adventure. Started with a 12 mile bike ride with full packs on an old washed out river road to the trail head. Left on Wednesday night and got to the trail head around 11pm. Crashed out there for the night and the next morning we pushed our bikes up the trail another mile, stashed them deep in the woods and then began the hunt for a way to cross the Suiattle River.

IMG_2204.jpg

It took hours to find a crossing and then bushwhack to the "trail" that supposedly led to the ridge. Eventually we gave up and threw down the bivies on a small shelf we found on the side of the hill.

IMG_2212.jpg

The next day we made it to the ridge and the views got pretty great.

IMG_2224.jpg

3rd night's camp.

IMG_2229.jpg

Sunset
IMG_2237.jpg

And moonrise
IMG_2254.jpg

This is Lower Box Mountain Lake and Box Mountain

IMG_2249.jpg

The next day we moved on. This is Lower Box Mountain Lake from above as we ascend to the next lake on the ridge.

IMG_2256.jpg

Indigo Lake and Lime Mountain

IMG_2265.jpg

Looking Northeast towards North Cascades National Park

IMG_2280.jpg

On our way to the summit of Lime Mountain, looking down at Indigo Lake

IMG_2287.jpg

Indigo Lake and Lower Box Mountain Lake from summit of Lime Mountain

IMG_2292.jpg

the summit fist!

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

IMG_2310.jpg

Zoomed in photo of camp from Lime summit. This was buy far the best camp spot we had on the whole trip.

IMG_2305.jpg

Upper and Lower Box Mountain lakes from Lime

IMG_2313.jpg

Headin' home

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

This is Dome Peak hiding in the clouds

IMG_2332.jpg

Rivord Lake

IMG_2364.jpg

These are from this past weekend in the North Cascades. They are from a trip to Hidden Lake, a fairly popular trail for day hikers, but seldom used for backpacking, unless you are staying at the lookout on South Hidden Lake Peak. We headed out from the trailhead at 11:50pm Friday night. The hike in was fun at first as were all drank a few good brews in the parking lot before heading out. After we left the trees and entered the meadow, the wind picked up and it got pretty cold. At about 3.5 miles we said stopped and called it a night at 2am. These two first pics are actually from the hike out on Sunday afternoon, as I didn't take any in the dark on the way in.

axvrs.jpg

ITiX6.jpg

From here on out, the pics are in order. This was after we resumed the hike Saturday morning.

B7MEI.jpg

l8zsO.jpg

Looking back the way we came at Mt. Baker
1mcnD.jpg

Hidden Lake
x89Bg.jpg

We went about halfway down to the lake where there was a nice camp and set up there. Took a nap and then headed up the south summit around 5pm to see the lookout and catch the sunset.

L5LX8.jpg

I didn't take any inside the shelter because there were a few people camped out in there and we just went in briefly to get a look. There was a bed, a wood burning stove, some books and maps, and a lightning platform to stand on during storms.

mAcHr.jpg

View from south summit
V6PBr.jpg

My buddy on the true summit.
Tpgvl.jpg

AcwFz.jpg

Fr4QU.jpg

Mt. Baker and Mt. Shuksan soaking up the sunset
gFiQu.jpg

Went back down and called it a night. The next day we scrambled up the north summit on our way out. This Mt. Baker about halfway to the top.
z4mYA.jpg

Hidden Lake from north summit
joQ6f.jpg

Random tarn and Eldorado Peak
6JRQh.jpg

GmRni.jpg

XVgp0.jpg

Looking across to the south summit and lookout. The north summit is obviously much higher.
siUTq.jpg

OaHtI.jpg

why post all these pictures when you could just say that you were camping in skyrim?

also FUCK maine for not having mountains and general awesomeness like this.

No shit. And a northern latitude. I'm Italian and German. L.A. is too damn south for me.