I can finally play! Melodic song inside

Decimator

Apr 15, 2007
Finland
www.mikseri.net
Hello,

As some of you may know I had pretty bad RSI in my fingers and had to quit playing for a some time. That some time ended to be almost 7 months! There are still pains, but I've quicky learned position my hand bit differently so I can play pain free now. Yay, because there will be no fucking way I will continue the break.

So, I started composing today and wrapped this up in 2 hours! I am pretty stoked that I can finally do this shit :D
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9714337/THePowerOfMind-v1.mp3

Ignore the solos :) I have some work on the drum programming, but I like the sounds. What do you think?

EDIT: Updated link http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9714337/Torspo__Determination.mp3

I like it a lot :)

Everything fits together very well and has a real 'big' feeling when it gets going!

What are you using for your guitars/bass?

I like it a lot :)

Everything fits together very well and has a real 'big' feeling when it gets going!

What are you using for your guitars/bass?

Thanks man :)

Distorted guitars are Flaxwood Rautia ->Profire 2626 -> Di into TSE X30 -> Guitarhacks JJ FRED45-Half impulse. Lead is the same with compressor and a stereo delay.

Clean guitars are Fender Baja Tele ->Profire 2626 -> Podfarm - Plexi jump lead with green 25 cab.

Bass is Cort Artisan B5 ->Profire 2626 -> Just some eq, compressor and a limiter.

Awesome harmonies and soloing ! I love your bluesy natural tone as well. Good job !

EDIT : I had guessed it was a Telecaster just by listening to the twangy and smooth tone you get in the solo :)

Fuck you and your awesome song that you wrote in two hours!!! :)
Dude, this is killer, I'm really digging everything about it. Congrats on overcoming the RSI.

very guitars sound awesome and i really like the drums!
nice track also, needs some cool vocals!

cheers
S.

Thanks guys! I thought this thread was sunk like the Titanic, but not yet :)

Guitars are mostly Fender Baja tele in std tuning and podfarm. I did not use much distortion on the patches, so the clarity comes from there. Also high pass @100 on all guitars takes most of the mud out.

This sounds amazing! Love your strat tone man. How did you get podfarm to sound like a tube amp lol
What kind of pickups are in your tele? I'm guessing the clean bluesy leads you recorded either w/ the neck or middle pickups?

This sounds amazing! Love your strat tone man. How did you get podfarm to sound like a tube amp lol
What kind of pickups are in your tele? I'm guessing the clean bluesy leads you recorded either w/ the neck or middle pickups?

Thanks :) I think its more in the guitar than in the podfarm patch. Played with humbuckers the same patch sounds like shit.

And you are correct, neck pickup on everthing, except the solo in second verse the pickup switch was accidentally in middle position.

Pickups are stock and I think they sound great. Not a slightest need to change em.