I cant listen to music normally.

You see, it's the opposed for me. I can listen an album if the music is good, I don't care if the production is good or not. But I'll never be able to listen to an album which the production is awesome but I don't like the music, like Stabbing the drama.

Amen! I do care about the production but it never has priority over good songs.

or go re-listen to your favourite albums and see which ones stick as your favourites, and which ones you love the songs but cant possibly listen to again as the production is shity.

another good trick to listening to music normally is to listen to different types of music open your mind, to evvverything.

I listen to old funk, disco, and R&B productions...you know before sequencers. where the players actually played through the songs and I love all the little things they do. you never notice that slap guitar or snaps until you really listen.

You see, it's the opposed for me. I can listen an album if the music is good, I don't care if the production is good or not. But I'll never be able to listen to an album which the production is awesome but I don't like the music, like Stabbing the drama.

+1,000,000

I used to be like that, I wouldn't go near music like Nickelback that I was told have awesome production but I knew was just HORRIBLE music.
But I realized I was just shooting myself in the foot, and that amazing productions like some of the Nickelback albums (as just an example) are amazing resources for referencing.
Stabbing the Drama is definitely not Soilwork's finest work by any stretch of the imagination, but you can bet your ass that it's your loss to not use it as a production reference.

Somehow, after getting into the whole production, recording and mixing, I found myself hating overproduced sounds. If the production isn't top notch, I listen to the actual music more than the sounds. Of course all this have lead me to analyze everything I listen to. The best thing I learned about music was from my father when he said to me that, in music, there has to be something that irritates or provokes you in order to be worth a listen. If there's simply nothing in music that makes you feel something, it isn't worth listening to. And, imo, imperfections in music make it sound more interesting and human. Nowadays, I am personally tired of most modern productions and some of them are even a pain to listen to, because of too much everything.. tracks, volume, compression, etc. But of course there are some exceptions.