i dare you johan

It's insulting, demeaning, and downright childish to both the band and everyone else who listens to Amon Amarth to assume that the band books their own gigs and then to go on forums asking Johan of all people to book a gig for them. Seriously, people need to grow a brain.

In order to do one show in New Zealand, the band would probably need a guarantee of approx 10,000 Euros just so they could offset the travel costs. Touring isn't free. Conversely, the individual promoter would have to make sure that Amon Amarth would draw enough people to warrant that much of a guarantee.

How would that be insulting and demeaning. Someone likes you they wanna see you play in thier town/country...they express that...if I were in that situation think it would give me a warm fuzzy rainbow feeling even if I had no control over it...

How would that be insulting and demeaning. Someone likes you they wanna see you play in thier town/country...they express that...if I were in that situation think it would give me a warm fuzzy rainbow feeling even if I had no control over it...

agreed, but the way it was expressed did make me slap my forehead:rolleyes:

Johan, I DARE you to shave your beard and wear a dress on stage from now on.

me too

In order to do one show in New Zealand, the band would probably need a guarantee of approx 10,000 Euros just so they could offset the travel costs. Touring isn't free. Conversely, the individual promoter would have to make sure that Amon Amarth would draw enough people to warrant that much of a guarantee.

The UN should give out a rule saying touring MUST be free, since music spreads love and peace (gay-hay-hay)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

HIHIHIHIHIHIHIHI

omfg i didnt even FUCK HEAR THEY CAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont want just johan, i want the fucking whole band i just said johan because hes the damn lead singer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENqMjjG99QI&feature=related[/ame]

Silly kiwi...grow a brain. See guys...this is why NZ is ripe for the taking! :heh:

The north island shall be my personal marijuana plantation / tax haven / brothel.

Because bands have NO control (most of the time) over the shows they play. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be asked "PLAY MY TOWN/COUNTRY/WHATEVER" over and over again? I'm sure they would love to tour the world and play every country and city there is, but there are other forces at play that determine this.

And it's not like this is a secret either. It's in the damn forum rules to not ask the band to play their city or country but people still do it. Amazing.

Because bands have NO control (most of the time) over the shows they play. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be asked "PLAY MY TOWN/COUNTRY/WHATEVER" over and over again? I'm sure they would love to tour the world and play every country and city there is, but there are other forces at play that determine this.

And it's not like this is a secret either. It's in the damn forum rules to not ask the band to play their city or country but people still do it. Amazing.

Actually its in the rules to not ask WHEN they will play your town or whatever....and yes I am sure it is annoying,but its also the nature of the beast...there are questions people will always ask,so I still fail to see how its insulting and demeaning

Because it makes us look as if we can't read the rules and that we're just a bunch of dumb numbskulls who think that the music industry is a magical place where anything and everything happens for free yay.

OMG OMG OMG

AMON AMARTH WHEN WILL YOU PLAY HANNOVER, GERMANY????!!!!!!11!!!!!1

:)

P.S. This was joke, only a joke. For those without sense of humor, please do not take seriously.

OMG OMG OMG

AMON AMARTH WHEN WILL YOU PLAY HANNOVER, GERMANY????!!!!!!11!!!!!1

:)

P.S. This was joke, only a joke. For those without sense of humor, please do not take seriously.

See when it's obviously in jest, whatever. But I see this all the time with bands where people are seriously bitching at them on a constant basis to play their towns or whatever. I've even seen comments that are like "X band obviously hates Y country because they won't play here." It's unbelievable.

AA couldn't tour New Zealand even if they wanted to. After the last time the government banned them because all the moshing at their shows made their little island sink several feet further into the ocean. Lrn2float NZ, then we can talk about some AA Shows.

That would be Wales.

Or Aberdeen. :heh:

sheep_shagger.gif