I did a mix walkthrough for one of our tracks

Thanks for sharing, can you elaborate a little on your use of limiting on busses (ex. L1 on drumbus etc.) Its it for color? Are you only touching the meters on the loudest peaks? Cheers.

Thanks for sharing, can you elaborate a little on your use of limiting on busses (ex. L1 on drumbus etc.) Its it for color? Are you only touching the meters on the loudest peaks? Cheers.

Yeah dude, most of the time the L1's on the busses aren't doing a damn thing. But every now and then there will be a peak that it catches. Just for safety, and I find them transparent enough that it doesn't really do much when it's not active.

Just watched all these last night, thanks for this Drew! Been off my mixing game for a long time and stuff like this inspires me to get back into it and try new stuff.

Sweet walkthrough. I'm curious as to what your guitar rigs were. I don't think I heard them in the video, but I may have just missed that part.

Good call! I didn't detail any of that out.

Mine:

1991 Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom with Seymour Duncan Distortions in the bridge and neck, although I didn't use the neck pickup at all on this album. The amp was a VHT Sig X into an Egnater Tourmaster 4x12 angled cab loaded with V30's. My pedalboard, which went straight into the front of the amp consisted of: Dunlop 535Q wah, Ernie Ball Volume Jnr pedal, Boss TU3, Phase 90 pedal, TC Electronic Dark Matter pedal, two Boss DD7's, and a Boss RV5.

Adam's:

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop with a Bareknuckle Nailbomb in the bridge and the stock pickup in the neck. His amp is a Laney VH100R through a Marshall JCM800 4x12 angled cab loaded with GT75's. His pedalboard consisted of a Line 6 DL-4, a Zoom MS70CDR, and a Hardwire reverb.

Basic stuff really!

fucking awesome man! thanks for the vids, really interesting! Loving the bass tone especially, but the whole mix is really really cool!

Cheers guys. Yeah I had a kind of Deftones versus Tool thing in mind - I wanted the low-end to be much tighter and present than our previous album, so my references were 10,000 Days and Diamond Eyes. I love how the clank of the bass is really obvious on those albums. I swear though, it's all thanks to those Darkglass B3K pedals! Fucking great things.