Children Of Bodom - Guitar Clinics, Playthroughs, Lessons, etc.

That video was always hard for me to watch because his patience is clearly wearing thin but he continues to be cool about it anyways lol. In his defense, teaching people isn't exactly easy.

Forget the dude's (nonexistent) skills, what the fuck was up with his tone? :lol::lol:

can any of the resident guitar experts here shine some light on how to play the whammy action at the start of the solo? what a great cover

can any of the resident guitar experts here shine some light on how to play the whammy action at the start of the solo? what a great cover

Just a bunch of Whammy bombs moved around different harmonics. What Ola is doing in the first part of this video.

Reactions: MattK

Rockway.fi publishes 16.11. "In the style of Alexi Laiho" guitar course, where you get to know one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time. Alexi Laiho's (1979-2021) chaotic journey to become an icon of the guitar world and the sovereign torchbearer of extreme metal lasted almost 30 years. During that time, his frenetic guitar playing and composition combining classical music, trash, black metal and punk inspired millions of guitarists and music fans around the world.The course covers the equipment, techniques, sounds and influences used by Laiho. Sample songs are the classic songs from the first five albums of the Children of Bodom band "Lake Bodom", "Silent Night, Bodom Night", "Hate me!", "Angels Don't Kill", "Needled 24/7" and "Are You Dead Yet ?”, from which you can also use high-quality background tapes. The course uses authentic guitars and amplifiers that belonged to Laiho.The teacher of the course is the young superstar of the band Lost Society, guitarist-singer Samy Elbanna. Elbanna, who ventured to the big stages from Jyväskylä, picked up the guitar for the first time at the age of 11, inspired by Alexi Laiho himself. Later, he got to know Laiho personally and in 2018-2020 they also played together in The Local Band. Welcome to 16.11.!​

Reactions: Juggler

Rockway.fi publishes 16.11. "In the style of Alexi Laiho" guitar course, where you get to know one of the greatest metal guitarists of all time. Alexi Laiho's (1979-2021) chaotic journey to become an icon of the guitar world and the sovereign torchbearer of extreme metal lasted almost 30 years. During that time, his frenetic guitar playing and composition combining classical music, trash, black metal and punk inspired millions of guitarists and music fans around the world.The course covers the equipment, techniques, sounds and influences used by Laiho. Sample songs are the classic songs from the first five albums of the Children of Bodom band "Lake Bodom", "Silent Night, Bodom Night", "Hate me!", "Angels Don't Kill", "Needled 24/7" and "Are You Dead Yet ?”, from which you can also use high-quality background tapes. The course uses authentic guitars and amplifiers that belonged to Laiho.The teacher of the course is the young superstar of the band Lost Society, guitarist-singer Samy Elbanna. Elbanna, who ventured to the big stages from Jyväskylä, picked up the guitar for the first time at the age of 11, inspired by Alexi Laiho himself. Later, he got to know Laiho personally and in 2018-2020 they also played together in The Local Band. Welcome to 16.11.!​

I pretty much found my Christmas present. Thanks 🙏 man, you just made my year.

So they have mr. Pulkkinen on board for gear, which is nice. I love LxSx and Samy. I really want to see good things going their way.

Edit:
Wait a minute. I just realised from watching all the clips on Samys instagram that it’s probably not going to be in English.
Bummer.

Last edited:

Looks like Alexi's rig behind him

Yes, and thats because it is. The JVM, cab and pedalboard was won on the auction by Marko Pulkkinen.
The rack was cloned off Alexis, and the GP-1000 modded by the same guy.
It’s the same stuff as was played by Joonas Pulkkinen of Shereign in the clips from Authentic Reaper Tone package for modellers.
Video.
It’s Alexis actual 2005 ESP custom shop RRV. It’s has the longer lower horn.
Alexi sold it to his pyrotechnics guy Ari.
Recently (couple years back.) Ari lent it out to Chris Rörland of Sabaton, but I guess he ended up selling it to Pulkkinen.

I need to get a Modeler so that I can get the profiled tones. Until then NAM will have to do.

Picture of Alexis guitar in Sabaton rack

Attachments

• IMG_3089.jpeg
    IMG_3089.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 10
Can someone explain to me how this course works? You can access the course on the rockway website, but somehow you have to register? Do you have to pay? What do you get for it? Is it only available in Finnish?