The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Thanks for the warning man.
Anyway last night he has answered me that he is willing to send it abroad, so anyway I started to asking details about the guitar, he deleted the offer :tickled: (although, according to the e-mail, he replied my before, but when I got there to see his reply it was gone).

And the very best part.. All these sounds are also captured and profiled and will be made available soon for Kemper/Fractal/Helix/Neural! I can’t wait. :D

Truly, there could not have been a better safekeeper for this gear - we can all play with Alexis rig at home!
Hey Everyone. Please visit our website if you finally like download authentic Alexi Laiho tones.
www.authenticreaper.com

I spoke with Neural DSP and they said, they won't do any Alexi amp. Quite disappointing

I gooked around on YouTube the other day, when I saw an interesting Ola video.

Apparently you can profile gear available to you, with kind of the same technology as the Kemper Profiling Amp. And then make them as profiles to use in a plug-in format.

We just need one of you GP-1000 guys to make one for the rest of us peasants.

That guy for example, would be good to get on board. Great reaper-tone right there.

Reactions: Sany
Now we just need an Impulse File?

Yeah, but there’s a lot of free V30 impulses out there. There’s a free one at Celestion, and Brohymn has some sick ones too.

There’s free JVM models for Neural Amp Modeler at GitHub.

They can be tweaked a bit in the right direction, but we need that GP-1000.
Or OD-1 red, with the mids up.

Aaah, it’s already all there.

Here for example is OD-1 green, orange and red mode.

I’ll see if I can put something cool together.
I’m all new to this digital stuff, and just started messing around on my old 2017 acer laptop and behringer um202 interface. So far I’m pretty psyched.

Okay, seems like I should’ve looked harder the first time around.
Someone did the work already.

Here’s an Alexi rig.
Gonna mess with it the next couple of days.

Sorry for spamming the thread, I’m just super stoked rn.
If this ends up usable I’ll be amazed.
Free “amps” galore.

Okay, seems like I should’ve looked harder the first time around.
Someone did the work already.

Here’s an Alexi rig.
Gonna mess with it the next couple of days.

Sorry for spamming the thread, I’m just super stoked rn.
If this ends up usable I’ll be amazed.
Free “amps” galore.
How did it turn out?

How did it turn out?
I got as far as I can make it sound pretty good. The tone that is. I’m shit at recording as it’s completely new to me.

…. Aaaand I’m shit at playing even though I’ve done it more than half of my 35 years 😅

I’ll try and post a riff or two when I get around to it. Don’t expect much more than noodling.

Reactions: ESA1996
anyone have any info on alexis use of Seymour Duncan blackouts? Seemed like such a short stint and I wonder why he endorsed them for such a short time before going back to EMG

anyone have any info on alexis use of Seymour Duncan blackouts? Seemed like such a short stint and I wonder why he endorsed them for such a short time before going back to EMG
All the lore about the JE-1000 and its variants says they won’t give up that cocked wah sound as good or not at all with an active pickup. I haven’t experimented with that kind of setup yet. Someone with the Blacky guitar could maybe shed some light on this, as that one came with the blackout + mm-04 as standard.

All the lore about the JE-1000 and its variants says they won’t give up that cocked wah sound as good or not at all with an active pickup. I haven’t experimented with that kind of setup yet. Someone with the Blacky guitar could maybe shed some light on this, as that one came with the blackout + mm-04 as standard.
I really hate the cocked wah sound on hexed and I worship chaos lol. My fav tone is probably hatecrew and aydy

Last edited: