The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

That’s a lot of cool posts in a long while!

When I was on Facebook back in 2021 I had a short chat with Marco Pulkkinen, who has all that sweet Alexi gear, and he was the most chill dude, and said that if I were ever in his neck of the woods, that he’d invite me in for a cup of coffee and a jam.
That gear is in the right place 100%
I think its just wonderful that it gets to stay in Finland, still see use, and be in the care of someone who has a very custodial attitude.

Hey guys!

Can somebody give me some info on the Floyd Rose tremolos, especially the OFR series? I would like to buy an FRT300K gold plated OFR, however every website (even their own) logs it "Out of Stock" and currently even the "Hot Rod" line is also disappearing from the market.

First I thought they don't make them any more, however I've just found out that in the Jackson Concept Series Rhoads RR24 HS an OFR gold is doing the hard work. Does it mean it's only available for manufactures and not up for public sale or what's going on?

I tried to ask some retails about the issue but their answer was simply: "buy a Schaller instead." Which is okay, but that was not my question...

Hey guys!

Can somebody give me some info on the Floyd Rose tremolos, especially the OFR series? I would like to buy an FRT300K gold plated OFR, however every website (even their own) logs it "Out of Stock" and currently even the "Hot Rod" line is also disappearing from the market.

First I thought they don't make them any more, however I've just found out that in the Jackson Concept Series Rhoads RR24 HS an OFR gold is doing the hard work. Does it mean it's only available for manufactures and not up for public sale or what's going on?

I tried to ask some retails about the issue but their answer was simply: "buy a Schaller instead." Which is okay, but that was not my question...
Supply-chain issues I imagine. I doubt they'll stop making the gold OFR, it's too popular. I was trying to get ahold of a black 1000 series. Initially they were in stock all over and then vanished and haven't been replenished yet. No doubt manufacturers have priority over retail. Have you tried contacting Floyd Rose directly via their web site.

idk if this was posted somewhere on this forum before, but it's another run-through of the GP-1000 and its variants.

edit: also, new design of the site fucking sucks

Last edited:
Reactions: Hatebreeder01

idk if this was posted somewhere on this forum before, but it's another run-through of the GP-1000 and its variants.

edit: also, new design of the site fucking sucks

Agreed, new design sucks 😊

This is a very good and accurate deep dive. GP-1000 isn’t really that great. It does one thing, and it does it like no other. But it needs a lot of help getting there, and it’s super picky about who gets to help it.

That guy has a great sense of humour. I like him much better now that I’ve seen and heard less polished recordings, and his actual speaking voice.

And the very best part.. All these sounds are also captured and profiled and will be made available soon for Kemper/Fractal/Helix/Neural! I can’t wait. :D

Truly, there could not have been a better safekeeper for this gear - we can all play with Alexis rig at home!
Did you get an ETA for those captures/profiles?

Whoops, missed it.

Doesn't sound much like Alexi. Not sure why Englund picked that cab of all the cabs he has. But I do like seeing anyone play COB well.
Yeah, with the amount of gear he has at his disposal, he went with looks over sound.
That’s a beautiful cab, no doubt about it, but not exactly what Alexi used.

Hey guys!

Do you know any one or any site where there is an LTD RL-600 for sale (or other Random star versions with FR bridge)?
I would like to buy one on a reasonable price although it is really hard to find, the body shape seems really exclusive, mostly available for signature models only.

I was also toying with the idea of buying a Gus G ivory Star signature but then I would have to pay hundreds of EUR to install a Floyd to it...

Hey guys!

Do you know any one or any site where there is an LTD RL-600 for sale (or other Random star versions with FR bridge)?
I would like to buy one on a reasonable price although it is really hard to find, the body shape seems really exclusive, mostly available for signature models only.

I was also toying with the idea of buying a Gus G ivory Star signature but then I would have to pay hundreds of EUR to install a Floyd to it...
There’s a guy here in Denmark selling an Edwards E AS 105SM.
Hammett inlays on a RS shape. Anchang.

It looks like it’s missing some tuners, a the condition is somewhat less, but it’s relatively cheap at 280€.

Attachments

• B00EFDBF-49C4-4CB1-B0CF-39D618CB4C79.png
    B00EFDBF-49C4-4CB1-B0CF-39D618CB4C79.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
Reactions: NewHewkas
There’s a guy here in Denmark selling an Edwards E AS 105SM.
Hammett inlays on a RS shape. Anchang.

It looks like it’s missing some tuners, a the condition is somewhat less, but it’s relatively cheap at 280€.
Thank you, I think this will not be the one. :(

I wrote the owner if it is still available I got back a massive "Yes" but he is kinda not interested in replying my further enquires.
I mean, I am aware that many people are still not comfortable to sell stuff to abroad.
Anyway, at least I know a Danish domestic used market as well, thank you 🙌(although it is kinda tricky to register there as a foreigner).

Thank you, I think this will not be the one. :(

I wrote the owner if it is still available I got back a massive "Yes" but he is kinda not interested in replying my further enquires.
I mean, I am aware that many people are still not comfortable to sell stuff to abroad.
Anyway, at least I know a Danish domestic used market as well, thank you 🙌(although it is kinda tricky to register there as a foreigner).
Yeah, by further investigation I can tell you for sure - that guy is a crazy kooky flake. He’s changed the price 6-8 times in the last 24 hours, at first doubling, then going incrementally down again, and even lower than the original asking price.

And in another ad he’s posted, he’s ruined either an actual ESP or an LTD GL-200/600 by painting it. Fucking painted fretboard. Sorry for referring you. You should probably just steer clear of that guy. He’s not fully there.

Attachments

• AB57E7BC-F9C1-4EDC-B4FB-289C53DC956B.png
    AB57E7BC-F9C1-4EDC-B4FB-289C53DC956B.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • 59787ADD-7957-45DE-953F-B4A58FD7C7F5.png
    59787ADD-7957-45DE-953F-B4A58FD7C7F5.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 5