The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

That makes more sense with how I felt it responded, I just went off of what the interbuttz said, my bad. I tried going through "all" possible combinations and indeed the 4th one didn't impact it as much as I expected(I thought it would be the treble one). It does indeed seem like a tone knob roll off, but not completely. It does tame the high end of the pickup, not a fan of how it sounds without any of the dip switches engaged. That "choked" tone is really something else.

I think I need to change the volume pot of the JE-1000 copies I have, signal still bleeds through even when turned fully down. Higher Ohm rating is the fix to that, right?

I just opened up my guitar to tighten the jack and replace the battery, and I had to fiddle with the MM-04 for a while. And i have to correct my earlier statement. It's the switch labeled 1, that doesn't do anything. Number 2 has the most effect, and 3 less, and 4 the least. I like it fine with just 2 on, for a rythm sound, but for weedily weedily stuff it gets too shrill.
Mine does get real noisy, like a lot. I've checked all connections and the ground contact, battery - every source of noise really. Does the JE-1000 copies get noisy as well?

Anybody have both EMG ABQ and MM-04? Are the EMG as noisy?

Reactions: Muffin
Wicked axe! Congrats! Does the switch between 25,5 & 24,75 confuse you the least?
Its like my hands can't figure it out when I've tried 24,75"'s.
Y'all getting new guitars and i'm sitting around getting jelly af.
No I don’t notice any difference. The cutaway seems a little better than my Ltd alexi 600 and just over all plays way better (because the one I bought was seriously beat by a previous owner). I actually just parted ways with the Ltd alexi 600 in favor of this.

it is an awesome guitar I’m super happy with it. stock but I do have a brass block in it and 24v mod for the EMG

Also don’t be fooled, I have bought a lot of guitars but I haven’t kept a lot of them lol! This Ltd msv 1 is the only one I have currently

Hey guys!

I've bought a Jackson RR24 early December and I thought my dream has finally been fulfilled as a proud owner of a BYB and a WBB Jackson RR24. Unfortunately, the package has not yet arrived and it seems that the guitar has been lost during delivery according to the first news from the support of DHL. Last known location is Feucht, Germany the guitar is from Hessen-Kassel. The Package was secured so at least the pecuniary loss has been avoided. Still if anyone sees this guitar on any of the used instrument sites around the world that means it's been stolen. So please report it, and give me a shout out, thank you! It's a pretty unique one though Schaller FR, White SD Metal Blackout, other golden hardwares, Serial:072989

Today, out of nowhere the guitar has suddenly arrived:D I'm so happy, also, for bonus the original Jackson Case was spray painted with a band logo and the words "rhythm guitar", I was like okay sure, the previous owner took playing live seriously, why not. I opened the drawer and there were some pick written on it, the band's logo and the surname of the guy I've bought the guitar from... wait a second:yow:.. You wouldn't have custom picks if you are just playing in a garage band, maybe it's something bigger.... and it has turned out I bought Robin Hadamovsky's guitar of the somewhat known German heavy/power metal group Majesty :kickass: He also wrote some greetings and best wishes for the guitar, he said that he has wanted to add a CD too, but he didn't have any laying around the house atm.

I was used to in love with the white LTD Alexi-200 in my late teenage years.
A couple of days ago I started to search for offers on it just out of curiosity. As the owner of (now two) higher quality guitars I'm a bit unsure: Is it still worth get one Alexi-200 or it would feel like if I've bought a Jackson JS32 BWB or some other heavy guitars with moderate price and quality?

Last edited:
I just opened up my guitar to tighten the jack and replace the battery, and I had to fiddle with the MM-04 for a while. And i have to correct my earlier statement. It's the switch labeled 1, that doesn't do anything. Number 2 has the most effect, and 3 less, and 4 the least. I like it fine with just 2 on, for a rythm sound, but for weedily weedily stuff it gets too shrill.
Mine does get real noisy, like a lot. I've checked all connections and the ground contact, battery - every source of noise really. Does the JE-1000 copies get noisy as well?

Anybody have both EMG ABQ and MM-04? Are the EMG as noisy?

Huh! That's interesting. My MM-04 is not noisy and works as I want it to. The two copies of the JE-1000/MM-04 I bought off of Ebay both have an issue of "bleed through" when the pot is fully down, but no noticeable noise(other than what is expected when you crank the gain, however I have all mine set very low on the gain/boost pot).
I'm wondering if both of my clones have wrong values on the potentiometer, but I haven't opened and compared to the MM-04 yet. From the schematic I gleaned that it's supposed to be a 50k ohm pot, so we'll see. Might be an other issue too of course.

I was used to in love with the white LTD Alexi-200 in my late teenage years.
A couple of days ago I started to search for offers on it just out of curiosity. As the owner of (now two) higher quality guitars I'm a bit unsure: Is it still worth get one Alexi-200 or it would feel like if I've bought a Jackson JS32 BWB or some other heavy guitars with moderate price and quality?

I used to own a Standard Series SV, until I traded it for the M-II I've had since 2009. Then a lot later I got curious, and I bought a white Alexi-200 a few years back. They have potential for sure. I like bolt-ons and satin finished natural necks, so it was ideal for me. But the floyd and the pickup would have had to get swapped out. I would have gotten a schaller or FR 1000 series and the EMG Alx for it, and it would have been solid. I prefer the extra thin U of my M-II to the regular thin U.

Huh! That's interesting. My MM-04 is not noisy and works as I want it to. The two copies of the JE-1000/MM-04 I bought off of Ebay both have an issue of "bleed through" when the pot is fully down, but no noticeable noise(other than what is expected when you crank the gain, however I have all mine set very low on the gain/boost pot).
I'm wondering if both of my clones have wrong values on the potentiometer, but I haven't opened and compared to the MM-04 yet. From the schematic I gleaned that it's supposed to be a 50k ohm pot, so we'll see. Might be an other issue too of course.

I found the source of my frustrations! It's the big-ass toroidal transformer in my rocktron velocity that makes ginormous magnetic field. If I just turn 45-90 degrees on my stool i get flawless performance :)

Reactions: Muffin and MattK
I think theres something up with Marshall.
They leaked the teaser for the reissue of the Bluesbreaker. And then Thomann.de had listings for the Shredmaster, Drivemaster and Guv'nor reissues.
Now Thomann have nothing Marshall left except some b-stock items and speaker cabs.
I speculate they might have sold off their stock, so that they can stock whatever new stuff is coming.
2022 is Marshalls 60th anniversary, so I bet my old hat we're going to see new stuff from them this year. It's been 16 years since they released the JVM as their flagship amp, which makes it their longest running amp.
Now is the time gobble one up.
Screenshot_20220219-232428_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20220219-232517_Chrome.jpg

Got one of these cool limited editions emg 81s they made with Zakk wylde (only made 100 of each set)

gonna see if I prefer it over the EMG JH. Been on a big Zakk wylde kick recently too. Got a matching gold top hat knob cominupload_2022-2-22_20-39-6.jpeg

Reactions: T3h_Killjoy