The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Daniel last posted on instagram a couple of questions that people could respond too, one asked daniel for a Alexi tribute/reunion concert
Daniel asked which line-up,,,

Like to See Jaska/Janne/Daniel/Alexander/Iikka doing this show :) i mean this little dude is doing a real great job

Reactions: MaximHateCrew
Sammy Elbanna did a demo of the new Alexi LTD models for ESP. You can see the clip in their phase 1 presentation for this year.

Why does he sing with no volume though lmao, it sounds like an impression of a man in a little box. So strained.

It came out last year, but I finally pulled the trigger on an Ltd msv1, been eyeing it up for a long time and got one for 1050 + free shipping. Will report back how it is

It came out last year, but I finally pulled the trigger on an Ltd msv1, been eyeing it up for a long time and got one for 1050 + free shipping. Will report back how it is
Oh nice! I was looking at that one, but decided against it because I'm not a fan of the shorter scale(big hand issues). I have a "Black Metal" arrow, so the much the same, just in matte black. I was disappointed on how fast the matte black turned shiny with playing, but otherwise a great guitar. I like how the Arrow shape balances, no shitty neck dive!

Oh nice! I was looking at that one, but decided against it because I'm not a fan of the shorter scale(big hand issues). I have a "Black Metal" arrow, so the much the same, just in matte black. I was disappointed on how fast the matte black turned shiny with playing, but otherwise a great guitar. I like how the Arrow shape balances, no shitty neck dive!
I love the inlays / vintage white / stainless steel frets / emg JH that the MSV 1 come with. Also the Alexi hard shell case, so I finally have something I can put my Ltd alexi 600 in!

Reactions: -AnzzA- and Muffin
Hey guys!

I've bought a Jackson RR24 early December and I thought my dream has finally been fulfilled as a proud owner of a BYB and a WBB Jackson RR24. Unfortunately, the package has not yet arrived and it seems that the guitar has been lost during delivery according to the first news from the support of DHL. Last known location is Feucht, Germany the guitar is from Hessen-Kassel. The Package was secured so at least the pecuniary loss has been avoided. Still if anyone sees this guitar on any of the used instrument sites around the world that means it's been stolen. So please report it, and give me a shout out, thank you! It's a pretty unique one though Schaller FR, White SD Metal Blackout, other golden hardwares, Serial:072989

Attachments

• $_57.JPG
    $_57.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Sany and MattK
Anyone here have extended experience with the MM-04 gainbooster in conjunction with the EMG hz 02? It's so loud and crushed that I can't get a signal into my FM3 without it clipping. Even after applying the -18db pad it's in the far yellows. It's not like the signal is unusable, but the DI tracks are so gainy and farty that the sound engineer is busting my balls.
Is there something like the 18 volt mod that's applicable to this unit?

Anyone here have extended experience with the MM-04 gainbooster in conjunction with the EMG hz 02? It's so loud and crushed that I can't get a signal into my FM3 without it clipping. Even after applying the -18db pad it's in the far yellows. It's not like the signal is unusable, but the DI tracks are so gainy and farty that the sound engineer is busting my balls.
Is there something like the 18 volt mod that's applicable to this unit?

I have the MM-04 built into my M-II deluxe, and it does indeed seem to make digital gear clip. I've turned it down just a tad, so that it doesn't clip the input of my GT-1.

Remember how i was curious about you guys modelling rigs? I didn't quite want to take the plunge and get GT-1000CORE, HX stomp or pod go, so I traded a few leftover pedals for the GT-1. It's my second time with one of these, and I must say that turning off It's internal cabs and using it with IR's makes it really work into headphones and my interface using the NUX Solid Studio. Into the poweramp and cab it totally rips.

Reactions: Muffin
I can't turn it down more lmao, but it sounds cool as fuck regardless. What I like with the FM3 is that it takes the hot signal and drives the preamp simulation as if it was a tube amp. It's not an issue with wet signals, but it clips even going straight into a recording interface, even with a DI box in front. I hit it with a -30db pad on the DI box, and -20db on the Focusrite input, and it didn't clip the signal perse. It did however sound like the EMG 81 does regardless, like it's internally clipping. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the headroom of the MM-04 a bit. I won't stop using it either way though, it sounds fantastic through the amplifiers.

I've heard good things about the Boss GT-1 actually!

I can't turn it down more lmao, but it sounds cool as fuck regardless. What I like with the FM3 is that it takes the hot signal and drives the preamp simulation as if it was a tube amp. It's not an issue with wet signals, but it clips even going straight into a recording interface, even with a DI box in front. I hit it with a -30db pad on the DI box, and -20db on the Focusrite input, and it didn't clip the signal perse. It did however sound like the EMG 81 does regardless, like it's internally clipping. That's why I'm wondering if it's possible to increase the headroom of the MM-04 a bit. I won't stop using it either way though, it sounds fantastic through the amplifiers.

I've heard good things about the Boss GT-1 actually!

I might be convinced by this to just go all in on modelling.
Are you completely sure it's the MM-04, that is to blame? It's not another level somewhere that is set too high?
My concern with 18v modding the MM-04 is that you might increase your output. Also transistor bias might get shot out of whack. Don't know if components will take well to the higher voltage.
You'd have to check their ratings. As i understand the different devices, the "EQ" is basically just three different values of capacitors in series that you can toggle off or on. Number 1 has the most effect, then number two and three has less of an effect. Like rolling off a tone pot, except that just after the rolloff a hump is created. Maybe the compression you're hearing is actually loss of treble compared to other guitars? Experinent a bit with the setting.

I have the MM-04 built into my M-II deluxe, and it does indeed seem to make digital gear clip. I've turned it down just a tad, so that it doesn't clip the input of my GT-1.

Remember how i was curious about you guys modelling rigs? I didn't quite want to take the plunge and get GT-1000CORE, HX stomp or pod go, so I traded a few leftover pedals for the GT-1. It's my second time with one of these, and I must say that turning off It's internal cabs and using it with IR's makes it really work into headphones and my interface using the NUX Solid Studio. Into the poweramp and cab it totally rips.
I have the gt 1000 core LOVE IT

I might be convinced by this to just go all in on modelling.
Are you completely sure it's the MM-04, that is to blame? It's not another level somewhere that is set too high?
My concern with 18v modding the MM-04 is that you might increase your output. Also transistor bias might get shot out of whack. Don't know if components will take well to the higher voltage.
You'd have to check their ratings. As i understand the different devices, the "EQ" is basically just three different values of capacitors in series that you can toggle off or on. Number 1 has the most effect, then number two and three has less of an effect. Like rolling off a tone pot, except that just after the rolloff a hump is created. Maybe the compression you're hearing is actually loss of treble compared to other guitars? Experinent a bit with the setting.

I have 2 other guitars with JE-1000 clones that also squash the signal the same. The regular guitars I have do not have any squashed signal issues. I agree with your concerns about the modding, it's the reason why I haven't just gone through with it. Unless someone else has tried it successfully I'm not willing to go through with it, haha. Doesn't hurt to ask if anyone has experience with it tho!
The MM-04 actually has 4 dip switches, corresponding to low-lowmid-highmid-treble.
The compression manifests itself as actual clipping, overdriving the signal and the waveform as such turns into a "block". It's not a huge deal for me, but I had to research the issue a bit due to feedback from the person receiving the DI. It was tested through reamping and still sounds fine though, so I'll just use the signal as it is :)

I have 2 other guitars with JE-1000 clones that also squash the signal the same. The regular guitars I have do not have any squashed signal issues. I agree with your concerns about the modding, it's the reason why I haven't just gone through with it. Unless someone else has tried it successfully I'm not willing to go through with it, haha. Doesn't hurt to ask if anyone has experience with it tho!
The MM-04 actually has 4 dip switches, corresponding to low-lowmid-highmid-treble.
The compression manifests itself as actual clipping, overdriving the signal and the waveform as such turns into a "block". It's not a huge deal for me, but I had to research the issue a bit due to feedback from the person receiving the DI. It was tested through reamping and still sounds fine though, so I'll just use the signal as it is :)

The MM-04 does indeed have a DIP4 switch in it, but I'm pretty confident in saying that number 4 is not connected to a capacitor. I just simply think they sourced them cheaper than DIP3's. The switches doesnt correspond to traditional 3 band EQ. They're supposed to be capacitors connected to ground in the circuit. The larger the capacitor the more treble is lead to ground. It's an RC network, that makes a low-pass filter. Its like turning down a tone control, only with fixed values. Please someone corect me if I'm wrong.

I'll see if i can record something in the near future. But my playing isn't near the level i see on here so please bear with me.
Screenshot_20220123-195736_Chrome.jpg

That makes more sense with how I felt it responded, I just went off of what the interbuttz said, my bad. I tried going through "all" possible combinations and indeed the 4th one didn't impact it as much as I expected(I thought it would be the treble one). It does indeed seem like a tone knob roll off, but not completely. It does tame the high end of the pickup, not a fan of how it sounds without any of the dip switches engaged. That "choked" tone is really something else.

I think I need to change the volume pot of the JE-1000 copies I have, signal still bleeds through even when turned fully down. Higher Ohm rating is the fix to that, right?

That makes more sense with how I felt it responded, I just went off of what the interbuttz said, my bad. I tried going through "all" possible combinations and indeed the 4th one didn't impact it as much as I expected(I thought it would be the treble one). It does indeed seem like a tone knob roll off, but not completely. It does tame the high end of the pickup, not a fan of how it sounds without any of the dip switches engaged. That "choked" tone is really something else.

I think I need to change the volume pot of the JE-1000 copies I have, signal still bleeds through even when turned fully down. Higher Ohm rating is the fix to that, right?

Hey man, don't sweat it - we can't all be super dorky.
I also thought it was like treble, middle and bass for the longest time, because Alexi said it was 3 band eq. He was never super into gear-technical stuff.

I tried it with all the switches on, but that was a little too dark for me, all the switches off, is way too bright.
The squashed tone is definitely where it's at :D