The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Also Does anyone have this pic that isn’t potato quality? I looked but couldn’t find it lol upload_2022-2-22_20-39-48.jpeg

if only RR480 would make a new batch of the JE-1K clone, it is absolutely great.
I wish I had bought 2 back in the day. I would still buy 2 if he did a new batch :rofl:.

I do not own any great rack or stack gear but even with POD Farm and the UX2 I get the Hatebreeder sound due to that JE1K ^^

thats an absolute steal, paid 900 for my JVM410 head, go get it ;)

Dansk. Good price for a stack!

I actually do, this amp has got everything,

Can't hold it in anymore! I've sold off my rack stuff and i am picking up a JVM410H sometime this week :)
The price is by far the biggest reason this is doable. It's 600€/500£/650$!
The rack was cool, but it was just so much stuff, and too complicated for my tastes.

Can we talk JVM410H settings?
Alexi seems to have used several through the years.

Any one play with them, or you find your own?

if only RR480 would make a new batch of the JE-1K clone, it is absolutely great.
I wish I had bought 2 back in the day. I would still buy 2 if he did a new batch :rofl:.

I do not own any great rack or stack gear but even with POD Farm and the UX2 I get the Hatebreeder sound due to that JE1K ^^

Nothing wrong with plugins or modelling, it's just about getting a workable sound any way how. Yeah, if he could pop back up right around now, that'd be great. I'd buy one or two in a heartbeat. Read good stuff about them back in the day. Did they also not clone GP-1000s?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastbodom
Screenshot_20220321-230830_Gallery.jpg
Bass is 8, mid is 7, and treble is 6,5 and the presence is down to 3.
This is from the auctioned off main-amp. Markings are the same for the backup-head.
Have anyone tried them?
Maybe they don't even sound good until you put an audix i-5 and D-4 on a 1960BV, who knows?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastbodom
Oh well.. here is a picture of the JVM410H
That I got.20220323_082028.jpg

I'm really excited about it. It totally does the Bodom sounds.
@Fastbodom kind of made me do it. His testimony was the last nail in the coffin. Now of course I need to upgrade my cabinet and rebuy 2-3 pedals, but it's no problem really.

I stumbled across this video from Audix microphones which goes in depth with the microphones CoB used for live stuff.
I always wondered what specific mics were used for guitar cabs, and it turns out they were two different ones.
The Audix i5 is a SM57 alike, and the D4 is somewhat akin to a Sennheiser E906/609 or a MD421. It's supposed to be a tom mic, but it turns out it's really great on guitars.
Live sound is a mix of those two mics set differently on two separate speakers.
Also.. in the clip, which is from ~2012 Alexi appears to be using a Marshall 1960BX cab, which typically has Celestion G12M-25 Greenback speakers. We can't know for sure though.
Antti Härmä and later sources from 2013 and onwards report of 1960BV cabs with Celestion/Marshall branded V30s.

I have a long therm goal of trying to achieve a live/album tone of the last three albums/tours. Wish me luck!

Reactions: Fastbodom and Faffy
That I got.View attachment 30420

@Fastbodom kind of made me do it. His testimony was the last nail in the coffin. Now of course I need to upgrade my cabinet and rebuy 2-3 pedals, but it's no problem really.

I stumbled across this video from Audix microphones which goes in depth with the microphones CoB used for live stuff.
I always wondered what specific mics were used for guitar cabs, and it turns out they were two different ones.
The Audix i5 is a SM57 alike, and the D4 is somewhat akin to a Sennheiser E906/609 or a MD421. It's supposed to be a tom mic, but it turns out it's really great on guitars.
Live sound is a mix of those two mics set differently on two separate speakers.
Also.. in the clip, which is from ~2012 Alexi appears to be using a Marshall 1960BX cab, which typically has Celestion G12M-25 Greenback speakers. We can't know for sure though.
Antti Härmä and later sources from 2013 and onwards report of 1960BV cabs with Celestion/Marshall branded V30s.

I have a long therm goal of trying to achieve a live/album tone of the last three albums/tours. Wish me luck!

Out of curiosity, why have you removed the neck pickup from the guitar on the right? :D There's already a hole for it so I don't see a point in removing it.

Out of curiosity, why have you removed the neck pickup from the guitar on the right? :D There's already a hole for it so I don't see a point in removing it.
That's a really good question! When i got the guitar in 2008-9 it had passive Seymour Duncans. TB-4/JB in the bridge and SH1R/Cool Rails in the neck, and they worked really well. I stupidly sold the guitar in 2014 but then bought it back from the same guy cheaper in 2018, and soon thereafter i made the vinyl stickers, and then why the hell not mod it thoroughly. I got an EMG-HZ H4 and H4A set for 30€ from some guy, so I stuck one of them in it and sold the originals to fund some other stuff. I thought it would look silly to mix pickup brands. I have plans to get a proper H2 or ALX for it, and when I'm at it I'll get an S2 for the neck. Just haven't come across a good deal yet :)
I have the ESP MM-04, that I bought from Musamaailma a few pages back, in the guitar. It really does deliver the goods.
It looks a bit stupid with the empty cavity, i realise, but I just can't be bothered worrying about all the things.

Check out the black guitar next to the amp. It has a Metal Zone stuck to it. It was on there really fucking good. I put it on there with nano gel tape, and I bent the back lid on the pedal trying to pry it off again. It was worth it for the lulz. Pedal is my avatar!
20220216_131339.jpg

Last edited:
That's a really good question! When i got the guitar in 2008-9 it had passive Seymour Duncans. TB-4/JB in the bridge and SH1R/Cool Rails in the neck, and they worked really well. I stupidly sold the guitar in 2014 but then bought it back from the same guy cheaper in 2018, and soon thereafter i made the vinyl stickers, and then why the hell not mod it thoroughly. I got an EMG-HZ H4 and H4A set for 30€ from some guy, so I stuck one of them in it and sold the originals to fund some other stuff. I thought it would look silly to mix pickup brands. I have plans to get a proper H2 or ALX for it, and when I'm at it I'll get an S2 for the neck. Just haven't come across a good deal yet :)
I have the ESP MM-04, that I bought from Musamaailma a few pages back, in the guitar. It really does deliver the goods.
It looks a bit stupid with the empty cavity, i realise, but I just can't be bothered worrying about all the things.

Check out the black guitar next to the amp. It has a Metal Zone stuck to it. It was on there really fucking good. I out it one there with nano gel tape, and I bent the back lid on the pedal trying to pry it off again. It was worth it for the lulz. Pedal is my avatar!
View attachment 30428
You have a Metal Zone stuck in your guitar? :rofl: I'm speechless :D Never thought such a thing was possible. Thanks for posting that, it's both amazing and absolutely hilarious :D

That I got.View attachment 30420

@Fastbodom kind of made me do it. His testimony was the last nail in the coffin.

REAL COOL, great to see and hear i got to convice you :) i own this amp aswell and im really happy with it,

Alexi used the 1960BV (vintage 30 speakers) he might have used the BX a few times, but meanly he had the 1960B cab in his 2000's and after that when i got more into the Marshall cabs it went to the BV cab

i got an 1960B cab ( G12T-75 celestions) and a cheaper Harley Benton (which is thomann house cabinet) that got the (Vintage 30's)

im kinda trying to get it mic'd up with a Shure SM57 microphone so i can do some proper recordings

You have a Metal Zone stuck in your guitar? :rofl: I'm speechless :D Never thought such a thing was possible. Thanks for posting that, it's both amazing and absolutely hilarious :D
Glad I could be of service :-D
I do stupid shit like this all the time, follow me for more recipes for disaster!
I eventually did get the pedal off the guitar but in the process i bent the pedals rear lid and scratched up the guitar. Doesn't matter when I had fun.
20220404_134602.jpg

REAL COOL, great to see and hear i got to convice you :) i own this amp aswell and im really happy with it,

Alexi used the 1960BV (vintage 30 speakers) he might have used the BX a few times, but meanly he had the 1960B cab in his 2000's and after that when i got more into the Marshall cabs it went to the BV cab

i got an 1960B cab ( G12T-75 celestions) and a cheaper Harley Benton (which is thomann house cabinet) that got the (Vintage 30's)

im kinda trying to get it mic'd up with a Shure SM57 microphone so i can do some proper recordings

Yeah i think the Audix commercial was from around 2012, with the 1960BX.
I have plans to swap my Palmer 212 for a 1936V. I can't go 412 because of space/weight/loudness.

I don't have any mics yet, but i have my Nux Solid Studio poweramp/cab IR in the serial loop of the amp, and that goes into my interface. I can play and record in complete silence, or i can let it rip, which is super nice. Optimally I'd have a loadbox, so I'd have the poweramp get into the tone aswell but that will come later.
If i can play a bodom Riff without embarrassing myself, I'll post it on here.

Reactions: ESA1996
Glad I could be of service :-D
I do stupid shit like this all the time, follow me for more recipes for disaster!
I eventually did get the pedal off the guitar but in the process i bent the pedals rear lid and scratched up the guitar. Doesn't matter when I had fun.
View attachment 30450

Yeah i think the Audix commercial was from around 2012, with the 1960BX.
I have plans to swap my Palmer 212 for a 1936V. I can't go 412 because of space/weight/loudness.

I don't have any mics yet, but i have my Nux Solid Studio poweramp/cab IR in the serial loop of the amp, and that goes into my interface. I can play and record in complete silence, or i can let it rip, which is super nice. Optimally I'd have a loadbox, so I'd have the poweramp get into the tone aswell but that will come later.
If i can play a bodom Riff without embarrassing myself, I'll post it on here.

those scratches can be buffed out, bit of waterproof sandpaper (1500korel) and then polishpaste, or walk into a car repair shop ;) they will do it in an 30 min

those scratches can be buffed out, bit of waterproof sandpaper (1500korel) and then polishpaste, or walk into a car repair shop ;) they will do it in an 30 min
Thanks man, but this guitar is going to get modded, and the paints gonna come off at some point. I got it basically for free. Story time! Last year I bought an Epiphone flying V that came with a Peavey Bandit for 120€, and then i sold the Epi for 250€, and then i traded the Bandit for a Gretsch G2215-P90, and that i traded for the LTD M-202. So I basically got my investment + 130€ and a free guitar from the whole thing.

I'm going to scallop the upper frets, fill in the neck PU, paint it and then upgrade electronics and hardware. Just waiting for good deals on the market.

Does anyone know what amps/cabs/preamps/fxs etc Roope and Alexi use in this video? Their tones sound amazing together and I really wanna reproduce them.

Does anyone know what amps/cabs/preamps/fxs etc Roope and Alexi use in this video? Their tones sound amazing together and I really wanna reproduce them.
https://youtu.be/DACLCTZYs-8

It's just a guess, but on alot of appearances Alexi just used whatever was available and they just brought a guitar. Since this from Guitar World, I'm quite sure it's probably just whatever Marshall or Peavey they have there. MM-04's can make almost any high-ish gain amp sound good.

Bless his heart, cause he really tried.
Lots of good stuff out there for the public.
I think he set the preamp booster too high, for the gain level of the amp. The wireless might have had an impact on Alexis actual sound. Also, I think the V30 sound is actually a little better for Bodom sounds than greenbacks. Wasn’t too bad though. Playing and fangirling is on point. Hoping for more content for sure. Spread the word of the Cult of Laiho.
If he deep-dives into this tone chasing, he’s bound to find some of our posts at some point. HMU Ola.