I need Help with a BIG decision

bobvex

Teh Forum Fuhrer
Sep 16, 2002
Ok, about a month ago, i find out that both Alexi and Roope use Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 Preamps for their Guitars. So i buy on off of Ebay, for $110, no less. Now, when I listened to it, merely through my computer, it sounded like shit, no gain at all and it was all around WEAK!!! so i try to sell it on Ebay, and I don't sell it. So I wait a month, and I try again, in the middle of he Auction, I see that thread about Alexi's Floyd Rose setup and someone posts a picture of Alexi and Roope's live setups. Low and behold, there, right in the Middle of the Rack, is what I think was a Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 Preamp (can anyone confirm this, like a close up pic of their amp racks, or that other pic sharpened up on Photoshop). Anyway, heres the problem, some kid won the auction, and I am torn between selling it to him, and keeping it and waiting for my ENGL Power Amp and seeing what it sounds like then. It sold for $130 and I already have the money. What should I do.

yeah well i like his sound. especially from the Follow The Reaper and Hatebreeder era tones. so i got it so that i could use those tones. Also, does anyone know if he uses the same equipment live as he does in the studio.

alexi isn't a rockstar like.... the others rockstars.. :cool:
he doesn't use a million of amps, preamps, guitars..
So I think that alexi uses always the same equipment, even in studio.

RockBodom said:
That was yours on ebay?!!?! THE ONE WITH THE MISSING BACKPLATE?! I SO ALMOST OFFERED YOU 150 for IT!!!!
I dont think that was mine, but if the user name on ebay was bobvex that yeah it was me. hey Rock, i got your yahoo message but it says your yahoo id doesn't exist. send me another message sometime.

Dude I can tell you that even tough you have the Perfect connection and the amp it still sounds like shit. There is not enough gain for the Lee Jackson in your pickups, there is only one pickup on the market which does the trick. Alexis and Roopes guitars have this mic put in them afterwards...

the PU itself is not so much the trick, but the jackson electronics are not available right now.

since the takeover of FMIC there are delays in delivery and noone has got some.

but I think an EMG HZ together with one of these EMG gainboosts could do the job probably as good...

or simply get another amp and leave it.

Janne Warman said:
we tested that option as well... didn´t sound as good as the Jackson

so does alexi still use his old PU configuration on the new ESP axes?
I aways wondered how he'd handle the change with regard to this, since the LeeJackson sounds so weak without the electronics... :confused:

Ed Roman is the devil. Stay away from him. As long as you have a high gain pickup, whether it be active or passive, it should work. It's not limited to Jackson pups or EMG's...anything with a ton of output will be fine. Stock pups usually need to be upgraded anyway, if you have a fairly low end axe.