The Children Of Bodom Gear Thread

Pre ordered this — guess I could run authentic reaper with it. Any you guys used authentic reaper? Bought new so I can return it if I’m not happy with it. 1704829270169.png

Pre ordered this — guess I could run authentic reaper with it. Any you guys used authentic reaper? Bought new so I can return it if I’m not happy with it. View attachment 35070
I bought the Authentic Reaper stuff for my Kemper back when it got released and it's definitely the best out of all of the GP-1000 profiles I've tried. Going to hopefully profile my GP-1000/SP-1000 rig in the next few weeks and I'll share it with anyone on the forum who is interested in it.

Reactions: MattK
Just snagged this because I’ve been wanting to get a strat shaped guitar again (have an Edward’s Alexi and arrow currently)
1706229401429.png

I guess I'll open a discussion about this here. What y'all think about this? yes or no?

Watched your video on this a few days ago. I'm a little skeptical of the non-recessed Floyd Rose like you mentioned, but I've only ever tried one or two of them. It just seems like it makes it harder to pull up on the whammy bar but it didn't appear to be a problem for Alexi, but who knows, because his ESP guitars afterwards were all recessed.

I also agree with your point about the EMG81 and ABQ seeming like overkill. I have a J50BC sitting around that I'll probably throw in this thing as soon as I get it and I'd prefer to replace the ABQ with a JE1000 even though I don't like the button placement much.

One thing I didn't see you mention that was my biggest point of interest, and a lot of other people's I think, is that this guitar features stainless steel frets. Prior to this it was pretty hard to find an RR24 guitar or production model Jackson that features them. I think they recently started doing it on some of their Pro Plus guitars but this is a huge step in the right direction imo. My original white MIJ RR24 that was the only gripe I had with it is that I needed to refret it only like 3 or 4 years into it's life. That was actually the only thing stopping me from getting the recent RR24 H S as well.

I'd also prefer a non-painted neck but if I get one I could just sand it down myself so it's not the end of the world, but it's still not something I want to have to do.

Like you, I'm sifting through the internet trying to find more pictures of this thing to get a better idea of what the features of it are since the specs and description contradict each other.

Love your content though man, keep it coming.

Reactions: dignityofficial
I guess I'll open a discussion about this here. What y'all think about this? yes or no?

I think that’s an absolutely sick axe. I’d love to hear from anyone who decides to get one.

I have never been one to acquire gear just to collect or because of later resale value. I bet these will be the target of scalpers.
I kind of hope they’ll be, and then when it turns out demand isn’t that high they’ll have to cut their losses and sell cheap.
Tbh I haven’t played many Jackson’s, so I don’t know if they’re for me. I like my ESP/LTD stuff.
I do like the “classic” aesthetic of them though. Goes much better with everything.
Like, signal wise. If you turn up with a Rhoads, people don’t necessarily have you pegged as a super shredder. You could be a guy into classic thrash or hair metal, but if you turn up with a super flamboyant Alexi, I feel like you’d be setting people’s expectations of your skill at a higher level. IDK.
I hate that the white one on paper has better specs and is cheaper right now. What gives?

Also really dig the sunburst proplus one.

Watched your video on this a few days ago. I'm a little skeptical of the non-recessed Floyd Rose like you mentioned, but I've only ever tried one or two of them. It just seems like it makes it harder to pull up on the whammy bar but it didn't appear to be a problem for Alexi, but who knows, because his ESP guitars afterwards were all recessed.

I also agree with your point about the EMG81 and ABQ seeming like overkill. I have a J50BC sitting around that I'll probably throw in this thing as soon as I get it and I'd prefer to replace the ABQ with a JE1000 even though I don't like the button placement much.

One thing I didn't see you mention that was my biggest point of interest, and a lot of other people's I think, is that this guitar features stainless steel frets. Prior to this it was pretty hard to find an RR24 guitar or production model Jackson that features them. I think they recently started doing it on some of their Pro Plus guitars but this is a huge step in the right direction imo. My original white MIJ RR24 that was the only gripe I had with it is that I needed to refret it only like 3 or 4 years into it's life. That was actually the only thing stopping me from getting the recent RR24 H S as well.

I'd also prefer a non-painted neck but if I get one I could just sand it down myself so it's not the end of the world, but it's still not something I want to have to do.

Like you, I'm sifting through the internet trying to find more pictures of this thing to get a better idea of what the features of it are since the specs and description contradict each other.

Love your content though man, keep it coming.
No he didnt have problems to pull it high enough. It really comes down later to the neck angle and neck hight in relation the the body. This will determnine if its fully usable or not. If they went with old RR specs, that shouldnt be a problem. But who knows.

Fair point, I still have 3 or 4 J50-BC laying around, but I start to grow out of the J50-BC. Im more and more thinking to remove them from my guitars. We'll see, Maybe i put them into more guitars or i will retrieve some from guitars and go back to the EMGs. Its weird, sometimes i love them, sometimes I dont.

Haha yeah the stainless steel frets. Good point, I think I'm just not really affected by it if its stainless steel or not. It is a very nice spec since they last longer and are more sturdy. But they are a pain in the ass to remove. And even worse if you want to put the stainless steel frets yourself somewhere. awful.
If frets are worn, I renew them or relevel them, I'm not really mad about it.
The reason I didnt get the white one is....I never really liked the white ones and i dont need or like neck pickups. But the white H S is a very nice instrument though!

Yeah, I cant wait to see somebody handle this thing or maybe more detailed pictures.

Thank you so so much!!!

Reactions: Works0fheart
I also think it seems to be a great guitar. Not crazy about gold hardware, but otherwise real nice. I'm actually thinking about putting a PA2 into my guitars with EMGs, just because I'm used to high output since I use the SD Blackouts Metal in some of my guitars. That thing is a riot.

No he didnt have problems to pull it high enough. It really comes down later to the neck angle and neck hight in relation the the body. This will determnine if its fully usable or not. If they went with old RR specs, that shouldnt be a problem. But who knows.

Fair point, I still have 3 or 4 J50-BC laying around, but I start to grow out of the J50-BC. Im more and more thinking to remove them from my guitars. We'll see, Maybe i put them into more guitars or i will retrieve some from guitars and go back to the EMGs. Its weird, sometimes i love them, sometimes I dont.

Haha yeah the stainless steel frets. Good point, I think I'm just not really affected by it if its stainless steel or not. It is a very nice spec since they last longer and are more sturdy. But they are a pain in the ass to remove. And even worse if you want to put the stainless steel frets yourself somewhere. awful.
If frets are worn, I renew them or relevel them, I'm not really mad about it.
The reason I didnt get the white one is....I never really liked the white ones and i dont need or like neck pickups. But the white H S is a very nice instrument though!

Yeah, I cant wait to see somebody handle this thing or maybe more detailed pictures.

Thank you so so much!!!

I've owned a lot of different pickups throughout the years but still somehow I just haven't tried a J50BC yet. I had one of the HZ's in my Blacky years ago and I absolutely hated it and changed it out for the Seymour Duncan Nazgul and it's been my go-to for the last 12 years, even over my BKP Painkiller, Dimarzio's, Surr Aldridge, etc. I think I may just as soon stick with it since I get a pretty balanced tone with them across the board. If I do get this guitar the EMGs are coming out for sure though.

I also think it seems to be a great guitar. Not crazy about gold hardware, but otherwise real nice. I'm actually thinking about putting a PA2 into my guitars with EMGs, just because I'm used to high output since I use the SD Blackouts Metal in some of my guitars. That thing is a riot.
haha yeah I tried to play those for years in my dean and I ended up selling the Blackouts since i couldnt handle the output, just wasnt my cup of tea. But i wanted to like them so so much!

Reactions: dthmtl3

Keep in mind that the J50-BC will probably not fit into the guitars pickup route as the J50-BC has a larger outside dimension because of the pickup cover on it than an EMG81.

I pulled the P/U out of my RR24M to try and put a J-50BC in and it won't fit. Not unless I route the pickup route larger or remove the J50-BC pickup cover....and that is just not something I am willing to do at this point, at least not with that guitar or that pickup. Guitar has too much sentimental value to me and it took me forever to find the pickup so not modifying it.

About the top mount Floyd.......I have a Charvel Desolation Star and it has a top mount, same as the Epiphone Ghosthorse I have......it really isn't the end of the world. If you sink the bridge so it touches the body, you won't be able to pull up. So you have to raise the bridge out of the guitar a bit so you can pull up. For me, not a huge deal as I do not play with extremely low action. I can at least pull up enough to increase the note pitch by 1 whole step.

Reactions: Works0fheart
Keep in mind that the J50-BC will probably not fit into the guitars pickup route as the J50-BC has a larger outside dimension because of the pickup cover on it than an EMG81.

I think there is some variance to these. The old J50-BC I had was the same as you mentioned. It was clearly larger with the cover over it than the cover you would see on an 81 or any other covered pickup. I ended up losing it in a move years ago but fortunately I was able to find another on ebay recently and picked it up. This one is about the normal size you'd expect a pickup to be and not overly large. I'm not sure if they took a newer Jackson pickup cover and replaced it with that as the pickup cover isn't sealed on it right now and I can see a mess of glue on it so I assume that's the case.