I need Help with a BIG decision

well i happened to have an EMG 81 in my bridge. so that should be enough to push the LJ to a nice high gain stage, but it didn't

Janne Warman said:
we tested that option as well... didn´t sound as good as the Jackson

Please Janne, I want to know more about this. In the ESP's Alexi has EMG's (he told me he will change them soon), and I saw a new part in his rack (with those orange lighting) and I don't know from wich factory it was and I forgot to ask him! Please, can you tell me tell me what it was? I'm trying to get those fucking JE-1000 electronics (those Alexi had in his Jacksons) since over a year now and I'm sick of it! I wanne know what Alexi uses to get the gain with the EMG's (and without the Jacksons). Please Janne answer me, its very important for me!

Janne Warman said:
Dude I can tell you that even tough you have the Perfect connection and the amp it still sounds like shit. There is not enough gain for the Lee Jackson in your pickups, there is only one pickup on the market which does the trick. Alexis and Roopes guitars have this mic put in them afterwards...

You, Alexi or Roope wouldn't mind to tell us/allow you to tell us which Humbucker they use? ^.^

Yogota said:
You, Alexi or Roope wouldn't mind to tell us/allow you to tell us which Humbucker they use? ^.^

I can tell you that! In the Jacksons Alexi (and Roope) uses the J50BC from Jackson and the JE-1000 gainboost electronics (preamp), from the Jackson company too! In the ESP's Alexi had/has the EMG-HZ.

This makes no sense. In the ESP guitar, there is no electronic gain boost. It's just an EMG HZ-H4 in the bridge. That's not a very high output p-up. I saw Children of Bodom live after Alexi switched to the ESP model and it still sounded just as gainy. Something else had to have changed.

By the way, I like the fact that even though Roope has an ESP endorsement, he still uses his Jacksons live.

------------------ Get the best, FUCK the rest. JACKSON GUITARS ------------------

Well, he got the gainboost back in his ESP along with the Jackson on the start of the north american tour, and they were also not using their usual rigs, they were running through Dual Rectifiers.....

and since Roope got his ESP deal through Sinergy, he is under no obligation to play them in bodom...only on Sin. gigs...

I'm almost positive Alexi was playing through a Mode 4 on the north american tour now that I think of it. It was on stage already for dimmu and I think every band used the same amps at the show I went to.

do you happen to know if an EMG PA-2 is the same as the Jackson JE-1000? A lot of people recommend the PA-2 now that the JE-1000 isnt made anymore but nobody ever makes it clear if it produces the same effect. Also, do you know if using a gain boost is a good idea being that I'm already using an 81? Thanks.

Dude, I love Alexis' sound as much as anyone, but damn...your going through WAY too much to sound JUST LIKE him. Find your OWN sound and go with it. Unless you are in a COB tribute band, (yeah right, like any of us here could be hahaha) there's NO need to put so much emphasis on having Alexis' sound.

Stun, yes Alexi has to play his ESP's in sinergy. He was the one that inked the deal for both bands. If COB got endorsements, so did Sinergy... But Roope was the "loophole" ;)