Alexi & Roope's Rack

I see, then.. the preamp is the one who gives "the tone".. I mean the sound that we reconize from a guitarist, and the poweramp just amplifies the signal to the cabinet ?

Thanks.

Yep indeed :) Preamp is where the EQ and shit is and power amp is the "amplifier" part of the rack(head)

Well, he is using the Kerry King signature head live ... i don't know in which situations he uses the Sansamp. Probably as a backup or something.

I dont expect that he will ever use his GP-1000 again ... his live sound nowadays is fucking awesome.

I thought it was GP-1000 WITH the Marshall as a poweramp.:loco: Oh anyways.

I thought it was GP-1000 WITH the Marshall as a poweramp.:loco: Oh anyways.
No no, the 2203KK head doesnt have a fx-loop.

Marshall JCM800 = EL34 tubes
2203KK signature = KT88 tubes
Remember, the KK signature is a basic JCM800.

VHT 2/50/2 (alexi's poweramp) = El34 tubes
VHT 2/90/2 (roope's poweramp) = KT88 tubes

In CRY you can hear the difference.

So basicly alexi is almost using the same "power amp" sound.

And Roope?
I actually dont have a idea what roope is using.
Last time i'd seen them live they had four 4x12 cabinets in front of their gear so i couldnt see it ...

But based on technical conclusion's i think he still uses his rack ...

so how do you use a gp-1000 with a 2203 kk signature?? (if it doesnt have an fx loop) would also using a VHT 2/90/2 do it?? thanks

Well, if he has his tech mod the amp to include an f/x loop you could use the GP with it.

the VHT is just a power amp, so you would have to run some kind of preamp into it. If the KK is modded for a f/x loop I think you can use the pre amp section from the KK into the VHT power amp.

hmm what about if i used an eq pedal or something would that do the trick? thing is too, that the gp-1000 has two master outs

Would it do the trick for what?

What is your set up and what are you trying to do?

Just don't want to give you bad info.

i appreciate the help man. well right now im just got an esp running a distortion and delay pedal into my kk2203. im trying to figure out what i need to do to use my lee jackson(thats what i mean by trick)lol thanks!