I did it!!!! (Smoking hot guitar inside)

AHChris

Jun 23, 2009
Bavaria
Yay! I finally did it!

I ordered this beauty... :OMG: It´s an Agile Septor 627

septor627proebblackflame1.jpg

I will listen to the stock pickups carefully, but I think I´ll put some EMGs in there (strange for me, normally I´m a passive pu guy^^)

Dude, that really is smokin' hot, congrats - 27" scale length, I take it? Hope you're tuning pretty low! What woods? (neck-thru I assume) And man, I seriously love that Agile headstock, especially in reverse :headbang:

Thanks!^^

I will not tune it that low (Drop C), but I really like a high string tension for the really really tight and fat sound...

Yeah it´s a neck through and its a mahargony body with maple top and a maple neck.

But I´m not very expierienced when it comes to EMGs... I heard that some PU cavitys are not big enough and i hope they will fit :confused:

The headstock gives me goose bumps, too :) I´m very picky when it comes to headstocks.

Yeah man, right on, sounds like it'll be awesome :headbang: Even if the EMG's don't fit the cavity, you just get yourself a Dremel and use that rotary sanding bit (first actual bit on the left in that pic) you can rout away a lot of the epoxy stuff the EMG's are sealed in without doing any damage so they fit in the cavity (like I had to do here to get them into my guitar) - and I do think once you get EMG's, you'll fall in love :cool: (I suggest getting the ZW set though, so you can try both the 81 and 85 in the bridge via the quick-connect cables and see which you like better, it may be the 85 with a maple neck-thru guitar)

I definitely want an Agile, they are super sexy. 25" 7-string though

congratz and GET SOME MUTH FUCKIN EMGZ IN THAT BIATCH!!!:kickass:

Yeah they are all very sexy... But I wish they would offer more 6-strings.

I will buy a Zakk Wylde Set and hope they will fit. Will definitely document the installation and give before/after soundsamples. Maybe I will even combine it with a little guess-my-amp session :)

I think I´ll post DIs of the stock pickups, the 81 in neck and bridge position and the 85 in neck and bridge position and start a poll which one has teh brutolz :heh:

Hmmm I see...

Thats a pretty cool solution, better than routing the guitar body. I thought about getting the Zakk Wylde Set.

BTW: Anyone tried these? http://www.q-tuner.com/

Sounds quite interesting, too.

Dude, do NOT waste your money on Q-Tuners, they aren't *anything* like a normal pickup. You will have to crank your gain like crazy and it still won't sound right. I have heard of toooooo many people getting them and saying that. Better off with standard passives (SD, DiMarzio, etc.) or active EMGs/Blackouts.

Dude, do NOT waste your money on Q-Tuners, they aren't *anything* like a normal pickup. You will have to crank your gain like crazy and it still won't sound right. I have heard of toooooo many people getting them and saying that. Better off with standard passives (SD, DiMarzio, etc.) or active EMGs/Blackouts.

Thanks for the warning... Never heard of them before. I´ll stick with EMGs on this one.