YT: Savage and LTD christmas special extravaganza!

I know you are, but it's an unproductive fixation all the same; This clip is obviously about the guitars. It's a bit like eating great ice cream but complaining because the wrapper isn't good.

True.. I had only mentioned the drums in an edit cos I saw someone say how perfect they are and had to disagree.

Great riffs, tone, and playing dude! Can you give us info on the track itself what interface it was recorded with/equipment?
What drum program used if any, guitar chain and is it quad tracked, and what you used for bass? Thanks :headbang:

Microphone was a SM57 into my Apogee One interface. Mixed in logic. Just a Left and Right track for the guitars. Bass I use Logic Bass amp for that!

Is there a MP3 version? I couldn´t find the thread where you posted it. You should make a 5 song EP or something with your instrumental tracks like that basstest. I love to hear instrumental metal while playing MW2.
No there isn't a mp3 yet. I intend to put some heavenly vocals on this song so untill then you have to make a youtube playlist :D

Wow..

Usually I find your tones really scratchy, but this is just. Wet is the only way I can describe. In a good way.

edit: I cannot stand that snare. Its all boing with zero punch. But that kick.. is that an AD kick or a sample? If the latter, could you share? If its the former.. well done because AD kicks are usually fuckin AWFUL.

Thanks for the input, I'm no good at drums at all, this is MF with a mix of a pearl 14" sample that I recorded a long time ago. What is the ideal snare sound anyway? :headbang:

EDIT: You know what I really wish? That Meshuggah would stop being gay with those AXE-FX's and just dial a tone similar to yours Ola. It would make their newer records much more bearable IMO. The Savage is like the holy grail of wet djent that they're trying to aspire to with that digital piece of shit.

Thanks dude, I just might have to call them up then and tell them how to do it right ;)

Great song and great playing man! Tone is awesome too, but you already knew that :)

Have to agree about the snare though, it gets a bit distracting with the ping, it almost sounds like the snare is overdubbed with a synth playing one note.

Thanks for the input, I'm no good at drums at all, this is MF with a mix of a pearl 14" sample that I recorded a long time ago. What is the ideal snare sound anyway? :headbang:

Wow this is MF? I love that kick! And MFs kicks are.. well.

If you're wanting ring in the sound, which I like a bit of, I find pitching down a picollo sample can work better than a normal ringy snare. Use one snare for the attack, just a crack and not much else, and then another for the ring (or a bunch of different ones for the ring, make it really disharmonic).

chunky as fuck tone and some really great riffs too, dude. Stop up-stroking though! Down, down, down! ;)

Wow this is MF? I love that kick! And MFs kicks are.. well.

If you're wanting ring in the sound, which I like a bit of, I find pitching down a picollo sample can work better than a normal ringy snare. Use one snare for the attack, just a crack and not much else, and then another for the ring (or a bunch of different ones for the ring, make it really disharmonic).

Cool I'll try it out...

Upstrokes ftw!

Btw Ola, on your vids is the guitar your playing actually live ontop of 1 other recorded guitar that we hear or is it basically miming over a finished mix?

I will be doing similar to this in the near future.

Upstrokes ftw!

Btw Ola, on your vids is the guitar your playing actually live ontop of 1 other recorded guitar that we hear or is it basically miming over a finished mix?

I will be doing similar to this in the near future.

On the rhythm parts I record and film both the left and right take. Then I decide which one is best and use that in the vid. If I fuckup on the other I just rerecord that one without filming. It's great fun!

Dude, I love your dog! He's awesome looking. I've always wanted a Bullterrier, I think they are the cutest dogs. We have a pitbull, and they're cute, but bullterriers faces are so awesome.

On the rhythm parts I record and film both the left and right take. Then I decide which one is best and use that in the vid. If I fuckup on the other I just rerecord that one without filming. It's great fun!

That's live?! I thought you'd at least record the audio and then just play along afterwards.

Good to see/hear something like this after that other thread of doing guitars 2 notes at a time (not to derail this), awesome playing.

Dunno should it be? :cry:

No the savage has two gain stages already so you wont be needing a tubescreamer. Unless you really want that tubescreamer sound that is.
It actually has 4 gain stages (possibly 5). 2 gain stages would be more like a clean channel, 3 is more like a JCM800, and 4 is standard for modern metal amps.

Wait, so you're saying that whole thing is being done live?

Yesiree! every track is videotaped. Resulting in alot of videos and tracks(and tons of harddrive space). Worst part is syncing the shit in Imovie. Imovie doesn't have the greatest resolution on the editing resulting in a hit and miss syncing.

It actually has 4 gain stages (possibly 5). 2 gain stages would be more like a clean channel, 3 is more like a JCM800, and 4 is standard for modern metal amps.

My mistake then!:kickass:

Dude, I love your dog! He's awesome looking. I've always wanted a Bullterrier, I think they are the cutest dogs. We have a pitbull, and they're cute, but bullterriers faces are so awesome.

Thanks man, they're just an awesome breed. Mine is actually a miniature bullterrier so it's a bit smaller than the average bullterrier.

Here is a pic from the other day:

bossefin1.jpg