i don't know anything about this band. help.

ironhead

Mar 4, 2004
i hear orphaned land is awesome... i downloaded part of a song a long time ago, and it was really good, but then it got messed up and i've been too busy to think about it since.... i'd like to buy the cd i think, but exactly what kind of music is it? ...and don't give me some description i won't be able to understand... :loco: :D
thank you in advance :wave:

it's hard to give an exact description to OL
but... they play kinda mix of all metal style, with some oriental melodies...
i'll define them as "progressive-melodic(not swedish style) death metal with oriental touches" o_O :p

the vocals, well, they have everything from growls to a choir singing in Latin

just go and buy the album Mabool, you have to hear it, not talk about it!

Just get it its fucking awesome. If you don't like it then I'll give you an old pair of tennis shoes I'm throwing away soon to call it even?

Description- Middle Eastern Metal \m/
Vocals- Death growls/ Clean male & female vocals.

It's good music...So don't be a democratic girly man and go get some music that will pump you up!

"Death Metal"? .. nah .
Well O.L. play METAL which is progressive/EPIC/atmospheric sometimes dark, sometimes with a light that blinds you, they have some growls, but mostly melodic vocals, some AMAZING female vocals (imagine a naive and pure siren voice calling you .. well ..) many oriental/folk melodies, some eastern instruments. Thats Mabool
El Norra Alila: Less progressive than Mabool - heavier, probably darker with influences from Candlemass (for the band : thats how i see it guys hehe), some Celtic Frost ones, some Paradise lost influences too (Shades Of God maybe). The Oriental influences stand strong and give that superber unique touch to the band. El Norra Alila is my fav.
Sahara: El Norra Alila goes death metal.
well thats a 1% of what O.L. are .. listen to see the light mr ironhead.

I think that you must listen Sahara first, then El Norra Alila and then Mabool.

So you will see Orphaned Land's success and musical improvement years by years... Sahara is extreme album with fast changing melodies and agressive sound. El Norra Alila is professional than Sahara. because El Norra Alila mature and more melodic than Sahara. Mabool is professional than El Norra Alila. Because it's success of work for 7 years. You will understand what I say when you listen it :)

Each album has their own concept and atmosphere. Each album better than others... I cannot say which is good... All is the best. All is the masterpiece!!! :)

You must start with Sahara, in my opinion...

And welcome to the ark of Orphaned Land, welcome to a journey around the world

i'm in the U.S., and Mabool is the only thing readily available to me. i guess i'll get it, b/c i don't want to be a democratic girlie man :loco: :)
the only problem i think i'd have with it is the growling vocals, but i am starting to get used to them through Opeth...
i will buy Mabool.
thanks for the help :headbang:

First Of All , Welcome Ironhead:wave:
As For The Help You Wanted , I Hope That All The Fans That Wrote In Here Before Me , Gave You A Little Taste Of Orphaned Land's Music. :)
Now , It's Your Time To Find Out About This Amazing Band By Listening To Their Great Music!
Enjoy Their Music And Hope To See You Here, More Often!!!

Welcome in ironhead:wave: . Previous posts sure filled in my post. Buy everything that OL releashed until now. You'll find many new things in their music to make you change the way of listening and appreciating music. :)