I don't want to bring this up, but...

TrevJ

May 2, 2001
Ottawa
I've heard that there are some problems with the mastering of the new CD. My copy (limited edition) is in the mail, but I haven't got it yet, so I can't be sure. Also, I've heard that the problems may only be on the limited edition disc. Is this true? If it is, I'd be willing to buy the normal release again.

Please, no flaming or insulting or whatever; I know this topic has been done to death on other boards, but I'm just a concerned fan who wants to support Evergrey, but if possible I'd like to do so in a manner that gives me the best listening experience.

TrevJ said:
I've heard that there are some problems with the mastering of the new CD. My copy (limited edition) is in the mail, but I haven't got it yet, so I can't be sure. Also, I've heard that the problems may only be on the limited edition disc. Is this true? If it is, I'd be willing to buy the normal release again.

Please, no flaming or insulting or whatever; I know this topic has been done to death on other boards, but I'm just a concerned fan who wants to support Evergrey, but if possible I'd like to do so in a manner that gives me the best listening experience.
I've got the German jewel case version. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Nevermind what you read at PM. It's just a case of "people on the internet" talking about some absurd nonsense. Most people I know who are going to be future Evergrey fans would never even go near a computer because of this kind of negativity.

I have a promo of the special edition strait from IOMA, I can't find a damn thing wrong with it. I love it and play the shit out of it,its a great album. I am ordering the digipak as soon as I can afford it.

Anyone else think some people should sign up for Audiophilics Anonymous :heh:

Bear :headbang:

NP: Zero Hour - Wonderland

I got the limited edition yesterday and have listened through the whole album a couple of times and I can't find anything strange with the sound. And I'm an "audiophile". :headbang:

BTW, I don't think that I've ever been so satisfied with a record as this one!

I've been listening to the album a lot now these past 2-3 days and I have not found one weak part of production on it. Can't complain about the quality in anyway actually, a lot of "hidden" cool details in the material.

I agree with you guys. This CD is amazing, and I can find nothing wrong with it, not that I was looking for any failings! (I have the Limited Edition, btw)

To Bear - Zero Hour "Wonderland" ??? Did you get some promo from the new CD coming out this year? I've never heard of that CD or track before. And, if so, where can I get one? I can't wait for the upcoming release this year!

I also read the negative comments about the production BEFORE I got the album, and was concerned. Let me tell you, it's hogwash. It's a great sounding disc. I guess some people sit around measuring noise levels & analyzing peak values. I, on the other hand, listen for great fucking Metal.

And that's exactly what RD is--great prog/power Metal. When your disc arrives, I guarantee you'll put it in your changer and think "what the fuck were those people talking about? It sounds awesome!!"

--S

I'm still waiting for my copy from The End to come in, but a friend of mine who loves Evergrey as much as I do said that while the album is terrific, the vocals in the mix are a bit low compared to ISOT and SDD and that it slightly bothers him.

We both ordered the ltd. ed. because of "Trilogy..." and I think it would suck if Tom's vox aren't well produced, since the main reason I listen to Evergrey is his voice. Was someone else the singer of the band, I really doubt I'd like them as much.

NP: Tad Morose - Leaving the Past Behind

I hear hisses in the song "I'm Sorry" towards the end of the first verse. It's a miner sound problem and it probably was planned. But if not, it's case it was produced to high volume and the bass became a hiss. There are other areas on the album with the same problems. I have the "LE".