Hate to bring this up again but ...

Total class act, and its a shame that they can't be friends (John & Charlie/Frankie) like it seems John & Scott are. Joey's the singer, its over, but they were together for a decade and a half, life's too short to end friendships over.

I feel the same about Pantera, I want no part of a reunion, no Dime = no Pantera ---- but damn I wish Phil, Rex and Vinnie can get in a room hash things out and just be friends again.

You know, a few years ago this would have started a huge argument. Luckily, there's only six of us left so... ;)

It's sad to hear him say it, but people move on. It's nice to hear him say that Joey is what's right for Anthrax. After all I've said, I have to agree. They're not my favorite band, anymore, but they're much more popular now so good on them.
About this forum: I love this place. It's still the only forum I frequent. I may not post a bunch, but I check it every few days. Funny how I'm not super into Anthrax anymore yet I still check here often.

It's sad to hear him say it, but people move on. It's nice to hear him say that Joey is what's right for Anthrax. After all I've said, I have to agree. They're not my favorite band, anymore, but they're much more popular now so good on them.
About this forum: I love this place. It's still the only forum I frequent. I may not post a bunch, but I check it every few days. Funny how I'm not super into Anthrax anymore yet I still check here often.

It's the only forum I post on,anthrax is really the only metal band that I'm still into in a big way,they are my saving grace as far as metal goes,used to post on the damage plan board way back but that place had way more assholes than this place ever could;)

Armored Saint released a statement from John saying he wished he hadn't said what he did in the interview. Don't know why. I guess he's catching shade for it.

Some of the comments on that Facebook status and the second one after it are cringeworthy.

"anthrax was bigger than ever with John Bush". Nice alternate reality.

"John is a better person than Joey as evidenced by the interviews"

Ok then.

John has always seemed like a class act in everything I've read.

But I don't get his reasoning re Worship Music. He said he wouldn't want people who heard Dan Nelson sing it live (which is a tiny subset of the Anthrax fanbase) to compare his performance against Nelson, which makes no sense in light of recording Greater of Two Evils.

He said he wouldn't want people who heard Dan Nelson sing it live (which is a tiny subset of the Anthrax fanbase) to compare his performance against Nelson,
No-one heard it.

There was one performance in Chicago where there are recordings out there online of Nelson singing only 4 tunes that made it onto WM - that's it. I'm with you - doesn't really make sense.

I'm just a bit bummed that the whole business crap has to get out there in the public domain....... John would obviously take back putting it out there if he could. I was surprised as anyone that he out it out there in the first place....

He said he wouldn't want people who heard Dan Nelson sing it live (which is a tiny subset of the Anthrax fanbase) to compare his performance against Nelson,
No-one heard it.

There was one performance in Chicago where there are recordings out there online of Nelson singing only 4 tunes that made it onto WM - that's it. I'm with you - doesn't really make sense.

I'm just a bit bummed that the whole business crap has to get out there in the public domain....... John would obviously take back putting it out there if he could. I was surprised as anyone that he out it out there in the first place....

I'm sure John is asked about Anthrax all the time. It was only a matter of time before some of this stuff started coming out. It has to be tough acting like everything's fine when it's not.

Think about it, your band (Armored Saint) just released an album, you are on tour in support of it and all any reporter wants to talk about is your old band. It's like going out on a date with your new girlfriend, you run into some old friends and all they want to do is ask you about your ex-wife.

Of course some shits going to come out. As far as the not wanting to sing stuff that Dan Nelson sang live compared to coming in and singing Joey songs is apples to oranges. That was coming in at a different time in the band, different situation.

Not that it contributes much to this thread, but I'm finally seeing Armored Saint tonight for the first time! Opening up for Saxon.