I fail to hear the "BAD" production in Morning rise.....!!!!

waz416c

New Metal Member
Apr 19, 2005
even Mike and peter say its rather "thin" and they cringe when they hear it......hahahaha....!!!!.....Morningrise was my first album...adn I heard every album after it and Orchid too...i still dont kwno whats so WRONG with it....!!!........to me it sounds at par sonically with the others....bar say GR...that one is jsut too good of a production effort..........i guess Im not listenin ahrd 'nuff then.........hahaha.........PEAC EOUT

^ chill man. Waz is great! Its like reading stream of consiousness but easier to understand than Willam Faulkner. and I agree, Morningrise isn't bad. Orchid on the other hand...had some problems. I'll just wait for Moonlapse to explain it.

xXBraveMurderDay said:
Fucking Hell, Can you please type normal you asshole?

NO....!!!!.....the way i do it is the correct way....!!!!.......PEAC EOUT

Always been one of my favourite albums, and yeah its a bit of a grim production like Orchid, but its never bugged me at all. The only production that annoys me on their albums is MA,YH being my least favourite album because of it. I don't know why I dislike it more than the others, but thats still a great album. Just my least listened to. But I like the Orchid/Morningrise production better than MA,YH which seems wrong even to me, but meh.

Ive listend to all teh albums numerous times........and still I havent really noticed what Mike and Peter are talkin bout......ahahah.....o well.......works for me...i get to enjoy teh album withougth havin to cringe....unliek them...!!!..hahahaha.........PEAC EOUT

P.S. .....even if BRI wassplit into 4 min songs...id still love'em....its a bad ass song......that bass run round 7:30 is insaly cool......and the acosutic break is one of teh best opeth have ever done....!!!!.........PEAC EOUT

I'm not surprised you fail to see the problems with Morningrise's production, since you also seem to fail to see the problems with your TYPING!

vampyrouss said:
Always been one of my favourite albums, and yeah its a bit of a grim production like Orchid, but its never bugged me at all. The only production that annoys me on their albums is MA,YH being my least favourite album because of it. I don't know why I dislike it more than the others, but thats still a great album. Just my least listened to. But I like the Orchid/Morningrise production better than MA,YH which seems wrong even to me, but meh.

Nothing about Opeth's production on any albums is 'grim'. You wanna hear grim production? Check out an album called Nattens Madrigal.

MAYH is tied with BWP for best production that fits the songs. Morningrise sounds crappy because the guitars sound crappy and the drum sound is horrible. Even the drum and guitar sounds on Orchid are way better. The only song that has ok production is TBYF.

With Orchid and Morningrise being their first albums, it's obvious they're going to probably have the worst production.

Production gradually got better. But the fact is some of the songs off the first two albums are stunning beautiful i.e. To Bid You Farewell and Under the Weeping Moon.

The production on Deliverance and Damanation was near perfect. It could be argued that Ghost Reveries is "over" produced (I argued this my self upon first hearing it) but that's without doubt.

Christ, i mean, they signed to Roadrunner didn't they?!? No doubt this album was going to have more production time and expertise put into it!

The fact is those first two albums are raw. But they are far from bad due to production. Under or over produced, Opth still have yet to make a bad album.

Who gives a fuck about production as long as the music is good.
I guesss Morningrise could use some improvements production-wise, but I like it just the way it is.

to me, the guitars seem thin and lack warmth....and they stick through like a knife. the vocals sound like they were using radio shack mics...and the drums sound weak...i do like the bass though.

Orchid has a thinner production job than Morningrise. Personally I do not see anything wrong production wise with both.

Powers said:
With Orchid and Morningrise being their first albums, it's obvious they're going to probably have the worst production.

I feel that St. Anger disproves your point. I never thought Metallica would make an album that made Kill Em All sound good, but...