I figure you guys must already know about this GUITAR CULT

FuSoYa

Lunarian
Nov 9, 2001
Brooklyn
lifesci.ucsb.edu
http://www.guitarcraft.com/introduction.htm

Some of the stuff he says, I like a lot, such as:
The second part of our first concern is openness. It is rare for the channel between music and musician to be open. In practice, there are varying degrees of blockage. To make room for music to enter we clear out unnecessary rubbish; like our hot licks, bright ideas and impressive opinions on serialism, eclectic erudition and amusing anecdotes of the famous we have known and met, bright clusters of alarming chords and bursts of extended and exotic modes. This involves no violence towards ourself or our rubbish: we simply let it go. Then, we discover what is our own. What remains behind is ours.

But then they go and tell you that you should use an Ovation and I'm like, "OK, get the fuck out of here."

my old teacher at recording school knew the dude who started ovation, was good friends with him, and would still readily acknowledge those guitars are total pieces of shit.

There are more unpleasant round-backed things than guitars.

hunchback-300.jpg

i wanted to go to the guitar craft in stinky ol' new jersey back in september..

but it cost like 900 and some $$$$

and robert fripp doesnt even attend them all these days??

If i paid that much id want that crazy old man there personally to tell me I dont know how to play guitar.

Man, I thought I was the only one that HATED those guitars. In general, actually, I hate all acoustic-electric gutiars. Very few I've heard actually sound good to me. Give me an old beat-up real fat box acoustic any day- it's like taking an imitation over the real thing. Just crazy.
Cheez.JPG

It's all Star Wars stuff where I work. Big Darth Maul posters, light sabers, Darth Vader figurines...

The last place I worked had all their servers named for Star Trek characters- Spock, Xavier, Uhura, McCoy, Data - even had pictures of each character as the background/desktop image for each one. Then they finally decided to name them for what they did (Mail, WebSec, etc).