i would be very glad if some of you explained to me what is this song all about...

Deviant Mind

One Manic Mind
Mar 30, 2002
Russia
"The Failure... The Downfall" by Evereve

The downfall - a pleasure to watch it in your arms
Flaming red inferno, we relish the dying horizon

With fiery thorns in your hands
You strike stakes of lust through my heart
When all around us is lit
Our love will gleam like the vital spark
Into an ocean of reddish tears
We glide away, unite our souls
My inflamed skin caressed by your hands
The fever enslaves us again and again...

Thousands of souls’ torches
Extinct, withered side by side
We are destined to celebrate
The cremation of mankind
Slowly devoured by a gorge of heat
Melted away - the bad, depraved seed
Screamed out for help, to heaven they cried

"I declare the earth as purgatory"

All I wanted was to touch the sky
but I was doomed to fail
Like an anguished child I sank down on my knees
In hopeless desperation I await your final kiss

"Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet sucurrere vitae..."

i wanted to understand this song for so long, but couldn't start due to some reasons... i have many ideas, just too drunk to sit and seriously think about it.. maybe you explain to me anything so I don't have to start it alone from the very beginning? :)

I think it is about death (with the mention of anguish and a final kiss), but that is only my interpretation. I am not good at analyzing poems and songs.

Much like poetry or anything with symbolism, the interpretation and meaning is in the mind and opinion of the person who reads it.

In all, the understanding of it is up to each individual who reads it.

my take is it's a framework vision of heaven and hell, with mankind stuck in the between. the world is hanging in a precarious balance just hovering slightly above the flames of perdition, the setting of the sun, the darkness of the soul. it is in the power of man to wish for a saving grace, a kiss, an act of love that might take us upwards and away from impending doom, but all efforts are destined to fail and mankind will remain in limbo.

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
my take is it's a framework vision of heaven and hell, with mankind stuck in the between. the world is hanging in a precarious balance just hovering slightly above the flames of perdition, the setting of the sun, the darkness of the soul. it is in the power of man to wish for a saving grace, a kiss, an act of love that might take us upwards and away from impending doom, but all efforts are destined to fail and mankind will remain in limbo.

rahvin.
this has to be one of the most concise extended points i've ever seen you write! good work. :D :p

rahve, editors who fall over themselves when they read your stuff may be fun but they're not any use :)

hyena

thanx rahvin :) i would also like to add that the song refers to the downfall in the embrace of Death... its like he loves Death... and is dying in Her arms

by the way, the man who has written these lyrics and other depressive songs on the album comitted suicide after the album was out... that drew attention to the album, and people began to think about the lyrics more seriously... but it was too late

Hmm as i read it i would say it's about Death and Love.
Esp the first 2 lines make me think of him cutting his veins (downfall, watch it in your arms, flaming red, dying)..
I guess that's my two cents..

DAMN, SIREN!!! OMG... exactly! how haven't i noticed that before?! thanx a lot :)))) u r a clever lil' one :) THAAANX!

these 2 lines mean SOOOOO MUCH FOR ME!!!!!!! :)))))

now i see it. deviant mind is on opiates. i could tell some weirdness from me and rahvin being nice, but now siren being clever is way out there. :lol:

hyena

I love listening to music and reading poetry, but often cannot interpret it very well. I can only draw on my own interpretations of the songs, but am left to wonder about the writer's drive to create the song...

Originally posted by Deviant Mind

by the way, the man who has written these lyrics and other depressive songs on the album comitted suicide after the album was out... that drew attention to the album, and people began to think about the lyrics more seriously... but it was too late
That's quite a story behind the song... very sad.